The Sarah Millican Television Programme - Series 1 Page 3

Not bad for a first episode!

Couple of funny gags but a bit of chore to get through this week. The format is too clunky and the editing to try and smooth it over just makes the transitions worse.

It doesn't help that I twigged half way through this week's show that Sarah Millican is a 1970s male comedian trapped in a woman's body - from the material, to the delivery, to the pulled faces, she is Lesbo Dawson.

I twigged what you twigged but I also twigged, and this makes it unwatchable for me, that she has the voice of Donald Stott.

Quote: Jinky @ March 16 2012, 11:20 AM GMT

I twigged what you twigged but I also twigged, and this makes it unwatchable for me, that she has the voice of Donald Stott.

You leave my Dad out of this!!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 15 2012, 10:35 PM GMT

It doesn't help that I twigged half way through this week's show that Sarah Millican is a 1970s male comedian trapped in a woman's body - from the material, to the delivery, to the pulled faces, she is Lesbo Dawson.

Laughing out loud this needs to be one of the quotes that is used in the next BCG newsletter

Apart from the last bit, which despite being an interesting play on words, doesn't actually make sense.

I agree with you 100% Jinky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Zot1i7bJk

Quote: zooo @ March 16 2012, 12:24 PM GMT

Apart from the last bit, which despite being an interesting play on words, doesn't actually make sense.

Go back and watch last night's show. Squint your eyes and pretend that it's not Sarah Millican but some mutton chopped male 70s comic in a powder blue suit and the proof of my words will become readily apparent.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 16 2012, 12:43 PM GMT

Go back and watch last night's show. Squint your eyes and pretend that it's not Sarah Millican but some mutton chopped male 70s comic in a powder blue suit and the proof of my words will become readily apparent.

No, that bit's fine! It's purely the Lesbo pun that doesn't work.

Quote: zooo @ March 16 2012, 12:44 PM GMT

No, that bit's fine! It's purely the Lesbo pun that doesn't work.

Sorry, how about Dick-Less Dawson or Bernard Womanning? But not Dyke Reid.

Sorry Sarah - having seen you in small doses was looking forward to your show but don't find it in the least bit funny. Resorting to "smut" is not my idea of comedy - you seem to have the tools - rise above the banal.

Gay Adams
Norfolk

If you think this show is smut, do NOT see her live performances!

Quote: Gay Adams @ March 17 2012, 1:44 PM GMT

Sorry Sarah - having seen you in small doses was looking forward to your show but don't find it in the least bit funny. Resorting to "smut" is not my idea of comedy - you seem to have the tools - rise above the banal.

Gay Adams
Norfolk

This was after the watershed, and she didn't use the f word or the c word, aren't you being a tiny bit Victorian?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 16 2012, 12:43 PM GMT

Squint your eyes and pretend that it's not Sarah Millican but some mutton chopped male 70s comic in a powder blue suit.

Laughing out loud, I was thinking exactly the same thing. They should definitely do a sketch on that that,

The Simon Callow interview was really funny, but the acting lesson went on too long.

I still don't know why they insist on Sarah walking all over the stage. It's so offputting. I think it's got potential and have recommended it to loads of female friends. Some of the content is a bit cheeky, but it's deinitely not smutty. I don't think smut is a word you could use to describe Sarah at all.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 17 2012, 9:05 PM GMT

Some of the content is a bit cheeky, but it's deinitely not smutty. I don't think smut is a word you could use to describe Sarah at all.

Because we've had a culture of ultra safe comedy over the last few years, it makes a refreshing change to see a mainstream show that pushes the boundaries a bit.

There will always be a group (mainly men) who feel uncomfortable when a female comic makes a joke about sex. It shatters illusions and preconceptions of the fairer gender and makes some men feel threatened.

And so they should, these female comics are not only talking about your cock, they want to cut it off, glue it to a strap on and shag you up the bum with it whilst lezzing it off with your wife! Probably.