The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 3

Quote: Marc P @ September 13 2011, 12:17 PM BST

Didn't some annoying twerp ask all these questions last time around??
:)

Was it the same annoying twerp who kept cropping up in the Sitcom Trials thread and didn't even bother voting on the entries let alone entering a script? Geek

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes - although just to clarify, it's an option (essentially a promise to try and get a commission), not an outright commission. But still very happy! Geek

Those of you thinking about the next SCM may be interested to know we've decided to put together a beginners' sitcom writing workshop of our own - details in the Writers Discussion thread here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/22356

'In the Meantime' was very carefully written specifically to do well in the SCM - if you'd like to know what we did and why we did it, all will be revealed!

Quote: andyblacksheep @ September 13 2011, 4:56 PM BST

'In the Meantime' was very carefully written specifically to do well in the SCM

You fiends - that's cheating!

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 13 2011, 4:42 PM BST

Was it the same annoying twerp who kept cropping up in the Sitcom Trials thread and didn't even bother voting on the entries let alone entering a script? Geek

Not sure Evan. What were the posts that annoyed you?

Quote: Frantically @ September 13 2011, 5:47 PM BST

You fiends - that's cheating!

I enjoy Simon and Declan's occasional posts about people who seemed to have written their scripts specifically NOT to win the SCM, which is rather more baffling!

Quote: Marc P @ September 14 2011, 8:04 AM BST

Not sure Evan. What were the posts that annoyed you?

Your posts, Marc. Wave

Yes I gather, what was in them that annoyed you?

Quote: Marc P @ September 14 2011, 11:18 AM BST

Yes I gather, what was in them that annoyed you?

Most of all, Marc, it was your annoying twerpiness. :)

Guys, if you want to PM your love to each other, feel free to do so.

Can we keep this forum clear of such stuff?

Cheers, Declan

I think in that thread I was just giving a bit of advice as I recall, with the other I was seeking clarification and did enter. I didn't fancy the eight minute one with a cliff hanger, or rather didn't have the time to adapt something - and have never been happy with the vote system. Anonymous twerps like myself voting on a forum doesn't seem to be the best way of picking something. I know why they did it and the Mission did something similar in the end I believe - but like I say, doesn't really sit happily with me. Good on em all for doing it, but as the writer isn't always the main focus it's healthy to have discussion.

:)

Quote: Declan @ September 14 2011, 12:03 PM BST

Guys, if you want to PM your love to each other, feel free to do so.

Can we keep this forum clear of such stuff?

Cheers, Declan

Ok, Dec. No problem.

Forum tennis discouraged.

Discussions very much welcomed and encouraged.

Cheers all.

And to continue the discussion, (forgive me if this has been asked before) is it possible to read any of the winning or shortlisted scripts from previous years?

Interesting to see that there are going to be 16 scripts going through to the live shows again.

Can I just confirm that the final 32 don't have to write another full two scripts but instead they re-write the script they submitted and provide plotlines for a further two episodes?

Evan: we're just finishing an ebook which will be available and have a copy of 2010's winner Thunderer in it so you can see what sort of thing we're looking for.

Lee: Correct.