Trollied - Series 1 Page 6

Well a golden boy like yourself whose top of Alomo, Hat Trick and Avalon's speed dial will be in hog heaven.

Whilst the rest of us plebs push our runny noses up against the fogged windows.

Quote: chipolata @ August 5 2011, 11:42 AM BST

Didn't they have a stab before with an Al Murray comedy? And something starring David Baddiel? Good luck to them, as if it works it might lead to more opportunities for innovative new talent like my goodself, but I'm not holding my breath. Drama's much easier to pull off and they've had some limited success with that.

Baddiels Syndrome, yeah; and a couple of series of Time Gentlemen Please. Seems more of a determined effort this time, with several shows coming.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2011, 11:47 AM BST

Baddiels Syndrome, yeah; and a couple of series of Time Gentlemen Please. Seems more of a determined effort this time, with several shows coming.

*remembers Channel 5's determined effort from a few years back*

Ooh I liked Time Gentlemen Please, good cast but more importantly a top notch script.

But one swallow does not a summer make.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2011, 11:47 AM BST

Baddiels Syndrome, yeah

Wow, that was aaaaaages ago. I went to see one filmed. (And never saw it on TV as I didn't have Sky.)

I've never seen it; I can't imagine Baddiel being a great lead!

Aw. As I remember it was fine. A teeny bit like Not Going Out? But more... sitcomy.

Will have to find it and give it a proper watch one of these days.

It looked to me like this show lacked a certain amount of creative direction. Parts of the script came accross as a broad, studio based sitcom, and other parts it seemed like it was trying for subtle realism.

Getting back to Trollied . . I watched the first one last night and if Hancock's Half Hour is the Waitrose of sitcom then Trollied is the Netto.

I wonder if it's the acting that lets it down or maybe the script was funny on the page and just isn't acted out. I thought there were too many scenes/cast for a pilot. 'We' need time to get used to characters etc...imo

Makes a change 'Not' to see Jason Watkins biting someone's neck off!

I haven't watched it yet. I wonder if it will be possible not to be terrified of him.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2011, 3:08 PM BST

I haven't watched it yet.

Watch your favourite episode of Dad's Army instead, and keep the dream alive. :)

:D

Don't panic, don't panic.