Would I Lie To You? Page 27

I really laughed outloud at David O'Doherty's lie about the hypnotising. Brilliant.

That was amazing. Can't remember the Doctor's name he came up with but it was hilarious.

Dr Spank, wasn't it?

Oh yes, lol.
And then he won liar of the week. Pff.

Quote: Aaron @ September 26 2011, 4:19 PM BST

Dr Spank, wasn't it?

:D

I think Louie Spence was quite good! But some of the lies were obvious to the point of being cruel: "I am currently seeing a hypnotist to cure me of my compulsion to visit hypnotists".

Quote: Enterhase @ September 27 2011, 2:00 AM BST

I think Louie Spence was quite good! But some of the lies were obvious to the point of being cruel: "I am currently seeing a hypnotist to cure me of my compulsion to visit hypnotists".

David O'Doherty was just a crap liar; others could have cast doubt in the opponents' minds.

I believe you could make it believable, say you are going less and less often, trying to invent a technique in which to follow, say "I know this seems made up but..."

I think Louie Spence was quite good!

Really?!

Weaker episode this week; rather a lot seems to have ended up on the cutting room floor to make room for the atrocious David O'Doherty lie, which was admittedly funny. Could have done without Spence, who reminded me a bit of that character out of Extras.

"Rather a lot" always ends up on the cutting room floor. Unlike other panel shows this one at least has an entire episode reserved for stuff that gets cut out.

Quote: Timbo @ September 27 2011, 11:34 AM BST

Really?!

Weaker episode this week; rather a lot seems to have ended up on the cutting room floor to make room for the atrocious David O'Doherty lie, which was admittedly funny. Could have done without Spence, who reminded me a bit of that character out of Extras.

Absolutely! Well, at least he surprised me. I expected a much worse performance.

As to the David O'Doherty lie, he did blow it with all the silly details (and by breaking character), but I really wouldn't believe that line no matter who had said it.

Yes he did rather ruin it by pissing himself laughing half way through!

That lie was the funniest moment. Not really seen him before. What else has he done?

He does little songs and stand up. That's all I've seen of him, doing his stand up on TV.

He looked familiar, maybe that's where I've seen him also.