It's a mystery to me I'm afraid... Page 7

Quote: Griff @ March 8 2011, 4:36 PM GMT

When you go to see a band and they have the embarrassing bits where the singer stops singing and gets the audience to do it instead. Always cringeworthy. Especially when they do that call and response "Yeah" "- Yeah!" "Whoa" "- Whoa" thing. Ugh.

Freddie used to carry it off ...

Bubble bath and bath oil. Why ruin a good soak with that greasy muck?

People who wear their trousers/jeans so low you can see their entire arse. Looks stupid, can't be comfy or easy to wear; why bother?

Cheryl Cole. Another mystery that perhaps someone could help with is this:

It flashed up for a split second on Channel 4 adverts last night. Could it be preparation for another Derren Brown special I wonder? Or is it part of a more sinister government campaign to get us all healthy? The horror!!

Hollyoaks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 9 2011, 9:38 AM GMT

People who wear their trousers/jeans so low you can see their entire arse. Looks stupid, can't be comfy or easy to wear; why bother?

I would also very much like to know why they do it. Putting up with my teenage son doing it is bad enough but when we go to his uni it seems to be the uniform and is quite scary. I have asked him. He said 'hmmmgepg dhbe cdkme ahehadgggh'
so I still don't know.

Quote: Griff @ March 9 2011, 8:31 AM GMT

Oo, that brings back memories. Anyone remember the musical TV series they did? There was a hungry drain character and a clockwork king in it I think. I expect you lot are too young to remember it.

I blame the parents.

Quote: Loopey @ March 9 2011, 10:36 AM GMT

I would also very much like to know why they do it.

I think I heard something about it being a bit 'gangsta' in that disaffected black youths in America, whist enjoying the hospitality of the US Government, have their belts removed to prevent them hanging themselves.

Custard

Quote: roscoff @ March 9 2011, 2:01 PM GMT

Custard

I love a bit of custard. White, yellow or pink - I don't mind.

Quote: chipolata @ March 9 2011, 10:43 AM GMT

I blame the parents.

Fair comment. His Dad's a builder.

Quote: chipolata @ March 9 2011, 2:18 PM GMT

I love a bit of custard. White, yellow or pink - I don't mind.

Chocolate custard with chocolate steamed pud. Mmmm. It's not a mystery to me, but just thought I'd mention it as we are talking custard. :D

Dancing

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 9 2011, 9:47 AM GMT

Cheryl Cole. Another mystery that perhaps someone could help with is this:

It flashed up for a split second on Channel 4 adverts last night. Could it be preparation for another Derren Brown special I wonder? Or is it part of a more sinister government campaign to get us all healthy? The horror!!

How odd. Why emphasise gym, guilty and novel?

Quote: Griff @ March 9 2011, 2:41 PM GMT

Another suggested reason I've heard is that prisoners tend to lose a lot of weight and so the clothes they are given initially end up hanging off their arses.

Prisoners tend to gain weight while they're behind bars. I assume much of it has to do with quitting smoking while they're incarcerated.

You'd think they'd all go to the gym just for something to do.