General, General Thread Page 2,721

Never even heard of it!
I am mildly curious now though.

Quote: zooo @ 21st January 2015, 12:01 PM GMT

Never even heard of it!
I am mildly curious now though.

I found it on Google. It seems it is basically Marmite, cheese and pasta. I love Marmite and cheese. Pasta is allright So theoretically it should taste good...

Sounds icky.

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th January 2015, 3:32 PM GMT

You're not kidding. 3.30pn a Sunday. Only 3 members online and about half a dozen threads posted on. COME ON MY BACK PEOPLE!

I hope we don't go the way of other once polular broads Errr

I think you maybe posting on the wrong forum Our Will.....

Quote: reds @ 21st January 2015, 12:44 PM GMT

I found it on Google. It seems it is basically Marmite, cheese and pasta. I love Marmite and cheese. Pasta is allright So theoretically it should taste good...

Well I like all the individual ingredients. And I've seen chefs use Marmite in other dishes. So it might be nice.

I used to use marmite in vegetarian things to make them taste more "meaty".

Quote: Lee @ 21st January 2015, 4:54 PM GMT

I used to use marmite in vegetarian things to make them taste more "meaty".

Strewth! Fair ripper mate, but ain't that what Vegemite is for?

Vegemite is veggie so why would it make things meaty?

That's not the weirdest meat substitute. In my opinion it gave the food something simular to a smokey flavour, if that makes sense? And most smokey flavours are associated with meat.

It's like crisp flavours for example, apart from chicken powder, most of them contain no meat whatsoever. It's just the smells and tastes associated with them that trick you into believing you're eating bacon flavoured crisps.

I can't tell you what I mean exactly... You have to see it for yourself.

Quote: Ben @ 18th January 2015, 7:21 PM GMT

I'd love to have a go at brewing beer.

I just need more time and less hassle in life before I can do stuff like that though!

Wanna see the world's most boring Internet-connected device? The controller that maintains the proper temperature in my fermentation chamber (a chest freezer) is controllable via a Web page and generates graphs for guest users. Feast your eyes upon the endless sine waves of the heating and cooling cycles:

https://brewbit.com/dashboard/devices/643/sessions/9678?token=edbca1951b7204dba1d6c7714dc993d7

You can use the sliders at the bottom of the graph to zoom in for more detail. The graph is zoomed out quite a bit because I put the wort in the freezer while it was still at 100F. It's now happily fermenting away at 66F.

Watching the thing about the King Abdullah man, yet again I'm curious about the red and White checked headgear. Does anybody know the significance?

its so they don't get mistaken for the Klu Klux Klan

As if.

The Saudis are a lot more liberal than the KKK.

It always reminds me of Tintin. That's the only reference I have for men wearing those.

So tomorrow I legally have to vote in a state election. In Australia it is compulsory to vote in local, state or federal elections after you are 18.

I'm always a bit torn over this. As much as I don't think it right to force people to vote, I am also grateful that I live in a country where I can choose which party I want to vote for, without fear that I will be shot or put in prison for voting for or not voting for a particular one.