General, General Thread Page 2,526

Quote: AJGO @ November 8 2012, 8:44 PM GMT

:D
Come to drinks on 7th and wear it lofty!

What if he then beats us with a bike chain like SV did to that NME journalist?

Quote: Ben @ November 8 2012, 8:45 PM GMT

What if he then beats us with a bike chain like SV did to that NME journalist?

We shall have to write our secret lofty articles in secret, secretly.

Its only a replica

It's not Sids own enchanted possessed necklace

It doesn't make the wearer play bass horifically bad and o.d. on smack

You've been watching lord of the rings to much

Didn't Freddie Mercury beat up Sid Vicious?

Ok What the hell has Philip Schofield done this time?

They were talking about him on Newsnight, but I don't know the story.

He gave David Cameron with a list of Conservative MPs who were aparently paedos because there names were on the internet.

Because it must be true

Andthat's proper journalism

People who live in glass houses.

Every man Schofield bummed was once a child he disgust me

Was Holly Willoughby there?
Couldn't she have tried to stop the Crazy Silver Headalist.

Quote: Ben @ November 2 2012, 10:24 PM GMT

What with all the Jewish talk on here recently, I'm a bit confused. Can you convert to Judaism? Doesn't your mother have to be Jewish for you to be considered a Jew? How does it work?

You can convert. It's a very long process with classes and learning the read Hebrew, as well as pledging to lead a Jewish life (dietry/diary related issues). Depending on what string of Judaism you want to convert to, depends on how long your course is. At the end of the course, you go in front of the Beth Din (or Rabbi court) where they assess you. You then go into Mikvah (bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion in Judaism) and are essentially reborn a Jew. For a man, they must also be circumcised if they want to convert.

Officially, to be born Jewish, your mother has to be Jewish.

Quote: L.E. @ November 9 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

You can convert. It's a very long process with classes and learning the read Hebrew, as well as pledging to lead a Jewish life (dietry/diary related issues). Depending on what string of Judaism you want to convert to, depends on how long your course is. At the end of the course, you go in front of the Beth Din (or Rabbi court) where they assess you. You then go into Mikvah (bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion in Judaism) and are essentially reborn a Jew. For a man, they must also be circumcised if they want to convert.

Officially, to be born Jewish, your mother has to be Jewish.

Can't be arsed.

F**k that! Can't you just say "Oy" a lot?

Laughing out loud

Oy vey.

Is there a whole new layer of jokes in Curb Your Enthusiasm that now you get and we're all missing out on?

I don't know - maybe. Guess it helps to be more in tune with certain things.

Loving your avatar Lee :D

Punctuation question: "you're at everyones beck and call." Apostrophe? I think between e and s but am having cotton wool brain today so help me out please guys.

Quote: Loopey @ November 9 2012, 12:34 PM GMT

Loving your avatar Lee :D

Punctuation question: "you're at everyones beck and call." Apostrophe? I think between e and s but am having cotton wool brain today so help me out please guys.

I don't think so. If it goes between the e and s it would be everyone is. Should it go after the s?
It's really late here and my brain exploded today, so I might be wrong.