That Friday Quiz Page 172

All those 'A's gave it away.........

20 Yacht Catamaran

hello steve have you got a quiz for this week ?

Oh George - saw the Quiz link active and then realised it was your impetuous self with the usual question. >_<

Mr Bring Me Sunshine will post one if and when he is ready. There are unanswered questions on last week's, why don't you try and do them? :)

Friday Quiz August 28th 2015
1. Who, this week, became only the fifth ever British athlete to hold concurrent European, Commonwealth, Olympic and World titles? Greg Rutherford
2. Which former Foreign Secretary was elevated to the peerage this week? William Hague
3. Which yuppie banker did Rodney marry in 'Only Fools and Horses'? Cassandra
4. Who is this? Yakky Doodle Duck

5. Which was Britain's first pirate radio station? Radio Caroline
6. What is the staple diet of the koala bear? Eucalyptus
7. Which bird gets its name from the frill of feathers around the neck of the male? Ruff
8. What was significant about footballer Mo Johnston's transfer to Rangers in 1989? The first Catholic to play for the club
9. What links these two pictures? Tonka (tonka beans and Tonka toy)

10. This little chap is native to which South American country? Chile. He's a degu.
11. What did Dick Whittington achieve that Jeffrey Archer didn't? Lord Mayor of London
12. Which English poet became a Greek national hero? Lord Byron
13. Who is shown here? Prometheus
14. What happened if suspects drowned during trial by ordeal? They were found to be innocent.
15. Which type of lorry is name after a Hindu god? Juggernaut
16. The famous Christmas episode of East Enders where Den served Angie divorce papers holds the record for the highest UK audience for a soap. Which episode of Coronation Street, featuring the departure of a long-standing character, is second in the all-time list? Hilda Ogden's exit from the Street.
17. Name the single. 'Don't you want me' by The Human League

18. What is the smallest combination of coins and/or notes needed to make every possible sum of money between 1p and £10? You would need:
1 x £5
1 x £2
2 x £1
1 x 50p
1 x 20p
2 x 10p
1 x 5p
2 x 2p
1 x 1p

A valid alternative would be to have 1 x 10p an 2 x 20p or 1 x £1 and 2 x £2 ( I forgot to say that the total of all the notes/coins ahould not exceed £10)

19. What connects these pictures: all words end in -polis (Persepolis; Acropolis; Minneapolis; Metropolis)

20. Unscramble the two words : A A A A A C C H M N R T T Y CATAMARAN & YACHT

1. Happy Birthday.
11. Kabutz?

5. ff fortissimo
14 Guernica

Maximum of two answers each first time around Nick

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 18th December 2015, 1:37 PM GMT

2. The Bell end (tee hee, don't care if it's wrong)
5. ff fortissimo
10. David Hockney
11 (Kibbutz)
13 Happy
14 Guernica

4 Mrs. Mills

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th December 2015, 1:42 PM GMT

Maximum of two answers each first time around Nick

Fair enough, I withdraw the Bell end one. How often can we enter Steve ? Are there some rules to read ?

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 18th December 2015, 3:12 PM GMT

How often can we enter Steve ?

>_<

Sick

haha

Just keep it to two answers on the first day
& then after that do what you want

The only other rule is no Googling

Yeah, it's just not cricket Nick..........verboten!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th December 2015, 4:05 PM GMT

.verboten!

"Tres bien ensemble!"

Actually Gordon, I have oft wondered what language you personally speak in Basel?