That Friday Quiz Page 171

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th December 2015, 11:45 AM GMT

Heureka!

Ta muchly - "The Knave of Hearts", max. point for me. :)

3.Cassandra Parry
5.Radio Caroline

16. Hilda Ogdens Leaving.

I'll let that one slide
The poor boy's been waiting a fortnight

7 Ruff

14 They were found not guilty! :(

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th December 2015, 12:10 PM GMT

I'll let that one slide

Three answers, one of which had already been posted by Nick - you're too generous Steve.

4. Yakky (from Tweety pie & Yogi & Warner)

19. -polis

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 11th December 2015, 4:49 PM GMT

Ummm.. point of order, chair.

That's not true.

There is no point on the canal's length where the Atlantic Ocean is to the west - the Caribbean Sea, yes, but not the Atlantic Ocean.

You'd have to travel 97 kilometres approx. to witness the sun rise over the Pacific and then set over the Caribbean Sea.

I'm not the only one who has had to query something then....... :D Whistling nnocently Angelic

I'll check for you Stylee, see if he said anything about it in the answer e mail

Yes, he is a naughty boy sometimes that Mr. Sunshine, but we love him really. :$

Haha thanks

Ok This message from The QM But I won't be able to argue it any further

I've had a couple of queries about Q14 and the Panama Canal, saying that I have the question the wrong way round. Perish the thought! . Due to the 'twistiness' of Panama, if you travel from the Atlantic to the Pacific, you are in fact travelling west to east. The attached picture shows this. Marks deducted already from the queriers' teams for next week. :-)

Quote: george roper @ 11th December 2015, 11:08 AM GMT

Steve Have you got a quiz this week has we did'nt get one last week, maybe do a Christmas quiz this week or next week before crimbo.

Yes George

If he does an Christmas themed Quiz next week then I'll move it to the front of the queue

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th December 2015, 5:26 PM GMT

Yes George

If he does an Christmas themed Quiz next week then I'll move it to the front of the queue

There you go again Steve.......is he related to you or summat? Laughing out loud

Well if it's themed then it will look more out of place 2 months late
Although I should try to catch up at some stage

No Wikipedia links allowed for Only Connect questions supplied.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th December 2015, 12:10 PM GMT

I'll let that one slide

Thinking about it again, I suppose the lad got over excited when he finally saw an OFAH question in your quiz that he had been waiting for, for years!

That's what all that "Have we got a quiz this week Steve" is all about, and finally it came to pass............. :P