The Fast Show Page 2

It was great yes, but to be critical, it way overdid the catchphrases. The characters were fantastic, the catchphrases soon became annoying. imo.

Quote: roystonpoisoner @ August 20 2010, 9:48 PM BST

I've never seen it either, I was too young at the time and havent ever caught it on TV unlike other old comedies..I briefly saw a sketch on one of those '50 greatest comedies' programs.
Something about squeezy cheese or peas? Lol.
Any recommended sketches that I should watch to see if I like it?

The Ted and Ralph ones, The Swiss Toni ones, The Colin Hunt ones, The Fat Cops ones and well... there's lots really. Just look the show up on YouTube.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 20 2010, 9:51 PM BST

It was great yes, but to be critical, it way overdid the catchphrases. The characters were fantastic, the catchphrases soon became annoying. imo.

It was very catchphrase based, but I'd say they were less grating than Little Britain and Catherine Tate which took the catchphrase to insane levels.

I think it benefited from the variety that the various performers brought to the table.
Paul Whitehouse was probably the star but having characters & Sketches from Caroline Aherne & Simon Day etc made sure that there was always something for everyone.

I think I liked Competitive Dad, Billy Blonde & Arthur Atkinson best

Where's me washboard?
I liked Cholmondly Warner (if that's right.)

Arthur Atkinson?
Rowley Birkin? - I was very very drunk
Cholmondley Warner & Grayson were Harry Enfield & John Someone

That was Harry Enfield & Chums I think. "Where's me washboard?" was The Fast Show though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 20 2010, 11:40 PM BST

Arthur Atkinson?

You're quick on the draw, Freve... *eyes*

Quote: zooo @ August 20 2010, 11:37 PM BST

I liked Cholmondly Warner (if that's right.)

*smacks palm across forehead*

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 20 2010, 11:40 PM BST

Was it really?

Those two shows are completely mixed up into one for me.

Rowley Birkin? - I was very very drunk

Looooove him.

I thought that's who you may have meant.
he was great though.

I loved it at the time, but don't get on well with the repeats. 'Competitive Dad' was one of my favourites, plus I enjoyed 'Dave Angel Echo Warrior' and thought Simon Day was great in most of his sketches. The acting throughout was rather good and that's what probably gave it it's likability.

It got a bit annoying towards the end of the last series though, when it rocketed up in popularity. Like when an obscure band suddenly becomes popular. :/

There were some great one off sketches (or less repeated ones) but can't remember them at the moment. Maye I'm thinking of a different show?

Quote: Aaron @ August 20 2010, 9:24 PM BST

Easy: I was too young when it was on originally, and it's not repeated.

Too young?

Jeez. The Fast Show was only a couple of months ago surely!

:D
When was it actually shown?

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2010, 1:37 AM BST

:D
When was it actually shown?

1994 to 1997

Like I say - a couple of months ago.

Haha.
He was 7 when it started.

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2010, 1:42 AM BST

Haha.
He was 7 when it started.