Sherlock Page 15

I turned off. It was too dull.

Yeap, not as fun.

Enjoyed it again, but should have been an hour. I notice it wasn't written by Moffat this week, though.

The heavily accented Chinese acrobats felt if not racist, cheap and tawdry. Like something the Professionals wouldn't have bothered with.

Watson's got a lovely girly just so now one might think it's gay.

And Moriarty shoots people whilst instant messaging them. This is the lazy contempt for material one would expect of ITV or bargain basement US scifi.

The whole thing feels like it crawled from the bowels of day time Scify channel and just plopped onto BBC1 prime time.

It makes Torchwood look like The Sopranos.

Quote: sootyj @ August 1 2010, 10:03 PM BST

The heavily accented Chinese acrobats felt if not racist, cheap and tawdry.

Riiiiiiight . . . .

Well then how did they did they appear to you?

You're so in favour of lost causes you probably had a
"DOn't fill in the Moat Tshirt."

Quote: sootyj @ August 1 2010, 10:06 PM BST

Well then how did they did they appear to you?

You're so in favour of lost causes you probably had a
"DOn't fill in the Moat Tshirt."

Rolling eyes

I'm not getting into this with you this time Sooty, it's pointless; much like one of your sketches.

(I don't mean that barb Sooty, it's just a nice line. Though it seems you feel fine about throwing silly insults my way!!)

I have a sweet vision of you screaming red faced in a performance of Bambi about why can't they give the hunter a second chance.

And you're far to sweet natured to ever be barbed.

Agree that it wasn't as good this week, but still good telly.

Shame there wasn't any Rupert Graves tonight, I'm losing faith that he might get his old chap out. He usually does.

I quite enjoyed it. Bringing in the Tongs seemed to bring it closer to its Victorian roots.

Quote: Nogget @ July 28 2010, 8:43 AM BST

Maybe the similarities are more apparent now that New Who has taken on a Victorian Gothic feel.

Well there's a steampunk thing going on with the Tardis.

Quite enjoyed it tonight. Preferred last weeks, but still very good.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ August 1 2010, 10:32 PM BST

Shame there wasn't any Rupert Graves tonight,

Did seem odd losing Lestrade after only one week. Kind of gives the impression that the first episode was originally intended as a pilot, then when they got the green light to make the remaining two Graves wasn't available.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 1 2010, 10:43 PM BST

Quite enjoyed it tonight. Preferred last weeks, but still very good.

Same.

Moffat as a producer seems to struggle to pick good writers. He was the same on Doctor Who.

One thing that does annoy me is the low opinion of the intelligence of the viewer: Holmes has to explain what the act at the Chinese circus in case you are to thick to work it out yourself, and when the meaning of a clue is revealed they throw in a montage to remind you of the plot so far just in case you fail to grasp the significance.