The England Thread... Page 10

Quote: DaButt @ June 11 2012, 1:01 AM BST

Good always triumphs over evil, right? Sorry, Frenchies.

Not necessarily in Europe. You've seen what's happening here.

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2012, 1:13 AM BST

Not necessarily in Europe. You've seen what's happening here.

Laughing out loud

Ok, I'll allow you defeats on the pitch as long as you don't cave in to those damn Euro folk.

That's what I mean! Evil's already winning out, hence the utter f**king mess. Not the foggiest about sport.

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2012, 1:22 AM BST

That's what I mean! Evil's already winning out, hence the utter f**king mess. Not the foggiest about sport.

I know, I was just encouraging your nation to resist. I worry about the next 25 years in Europe. The same goes for the United States. Errr

It'll be either a) a turbulent time, as the euro and possibly the EU itself disintegrate, or b) a turbulent time, as the people are squeezed in order to keep the euro and the EU together at any cost. Further we are from it, the better.

I think the Euro and EU are goners. When everything collapses it'll collapse fast.

They didn't learn from the ERM collapse in '92, so I wouldn't be so quick to think they'll learn now - the EU in particular, they will blindly hang on to at all costs, and do their best to re-establish if it does collapse. The euro is far more likely to be a goner though, I agree. But it's going to be a painful build to the implosion, and an extremely long and painful cleanup afterward.

I expect to see some terrible people/parties rise to power in places like Greece, Spain and/or Portugal. France is semi-solvent but just elected a leader who promptly lowered the retirement age, so I can't wait to see what kind of pie-in-the-sky-promising charlatans get elected in the bankrupt nations.

France is going to be truly hilarious. The state already accounts for 56% of GDP, and he only wants to grow it. In what parallel reality is that sustainable?

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2012, 2:52 AM BST

France is going to be truly hilarious. The state already accounts for 56% of GDP, and he only wants to grow it. In what parallel reality is that sustainable?

Politicians' careers typically last 5 or 10 years once they reach the top. They're all planning to get elected by promising the impossible by kicking the can a little farther down the road while paying for everything with borrowed money. Eventually it will all collapse and the man/woman at the helm when the music stops playing might find himself/herself hanging by his/her heels in the town square.

Very true. Bloody brilliant when the new person in charge was the one who looked after the money before!

Come on England!

Well done Hodgson & well done England.
I'm proud of you no matter what!

Penalties to follow.

First English finalist at Wimbledon for 74 years.
I think that's worth a bump.