Filth Page 2

Call me a juvenile nitwit, but I really enjoyed that. Danny Dyer has found his calling as Comedy Great!

Can't imagine Channel 4 really have much hope for it, though, given the timeslot.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:17 PM BST

Can't imagine Channel 4 really have much hope for it, though, given the timeslot.

The Comedy Labs are always shown late.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:17 PM BST

I wouldn't read too much into the timeslot, you juvenile nitwit. Traditionally Comedy Labs have never gone out at great times. Especially if it ends up on E4.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2010, 4:18 PM BST

The Comedy Labs are always shown late.

Really? Is it just Comedy Showcase they show at a reasonable hour? Or whatever it's called. The strand that had Campus in it?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:20 PM BST

Really? Is it just Comedy Showcase they show at a reasonable hour? Or whatever it's called. The strand that had Campus in it?

That was on at ten, wasn't it?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:20 PM BST

Yeah, they get the prime slot. I think they get more money spent on them too. Labs tend to be skewed towards cheaper, more experimental stuff. I think.

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2010, 4:21 PM BST

Ten's a great slot. All the best shows are on at ten.

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2010, 4:21 PM BST

Not a terrible time. Isn't that when Peep is shown?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2010, 4:21 PM BST

Yeah, they get the prime slot. I think they get more money spent on them too. Labs tend to be skewed towards cheaper, more experimental stuff. I think.

Ah. I haven't seen any of the other Lab's this year. Have I missed anything? That by consesus is good? Rather than just admired by me!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2010, 4:22 PM BST

Yeah, but I think that series is the exception that proves the rule. Most Comedy Labs seem to have been shown later.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2010, 4:22 PM BST

Yus.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:23 PM BST

Ah. I haven't seen any of the other Lab's this year.

Yes. Somebody should have started a thread on them. Not me. I do enough round here as it is.

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2010, 4:23 PM BST

Most Comedy Labs seem to have been shown later.

Yeah, the labs always are.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 23 2010, 4:23 PM BST

Ah. I haven't seen any of the other Lab's this year. Have I missed anything? That by consesus is good? Rather than just admired by me!

I actually haven't seen any, but I'll check out Happy Finish and that one with the woman out of Flight Of The Conchords this weekend. There's a film based sketch show coming up too, which sounds interesting.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2010, 4:25 PM BST

that one with the woman out of Flight Of The Conchords this weekend.

She's not too great on The Daily Show.

Quote: chipolata @ April 23 2010, 4:28 PM BST

She's not too great on The Daily Show.

I've seen bits of the stand up she does with the other guy who wrote and stars in her Lab, and I thought that was pretty funny. And odd. It doesn't seem like her stuff would be an obvious fit for The Daily Show.