Things that piss you off Page 885

How do you know the polar bear didn't start it?

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 9:53 AM GMT

That's DaButtish talk.

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 9:53 AM GMT

Because they can't turn the ignition key.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2012, 9:56 AM GMT

That's DaButtish talk.

Doesn't make it untrue.

Flippancy aside.

How ever rotten someone's behaviour mob rule is never right and never a good thing. Facebook has allowed often quite decent people to get sucked into some very nasty bullying behaviours.

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

Flippancy aside.

That's like saying BCG aside!

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

How ever rotten someone's behaviour mob rule is never right and never a good thing. Facebook has allowed often quite decent people to get sucked into some very nasty bullying behaviours.

RC never said, but what does this mob rule entail in this instance? Some nasty comments on the polar bear killers homepage?

Well other than threads full of hateful and threatening statements.
It can move onto harrassing phone calls and emails and sometimes actual real world confrontation.

Chip bullying doesn't work.

Reminds me of when Nick Griffin was on question time. And was laid into unreasonably and unceasingly by the other presenters.

I wasn't the only person to find the toad faced, podgy racist blow hard strangely sympathetic. A few more appearances and I might have liked him.

Bullying doesn't work.

And polar bears are c**ts anyway. Ask a penguin.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2012, 9:51 AM GMT

Hunting a polar bear with a high powered bow isn't a particularly nice thing to do. I've got no sympathy if she's suddenly become the target of a baying internet mob.

This is mob rule personified. You disagreed with something she's legally done and agree that a hate campaign should be driven towards her.

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 10:23 AM GMT

And polar bears are c**ts anyway. Ask a penguin.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Seriously, Polar Bears are killers and have no problems attacking humans. If they're feeling lazy, they'll even wander into small towns looking for food in the bins.

Hunting is a fantastically ecological way of maintaining animal populations and preserving the wilderness.

All those Starbuck chugging, iPad waving anti-hunting lot don't realise the irony that their consumerist lifestyle will end the polar bears much faster then a handful of licensed hunters.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 7 2012, 12:40 PM GMT

Hunting is a fantastically ecological way of maintaining animal populations and preserving the wilderness.

What if you're hunting an endangered species?

http://www.thewomanhunter.com/hunting-articles/MicheleLeqve.htm

I just read an interview with her. What an unlikeable self absorbed drone and she just killed it for kicks.

I'm not going to join some facebook campaign. But if there's a petition to call for this sort of thing to be banned, I'll sign upto it.

Polar Bears do tend to eat their babies if hungry. And if that isn't child abuse I don't know what is.

So I suppose there is an argument against protecting nonce bears.

Quote: Nogget @ March 7 2012, 12:42 PM GMT

If they weren't endangered who'd protect them?

Quote: Nogget @ March 7 2012, 12:42 PM GMT

That's not allowed. Please don't confuse licensed hunters with illegal poachers.

Concerted efforts are being made all over the globe to keep healthy levels of endangered species and in places like South Africa, if it wasn't for the foreign legal hunters bringing money into the economy, then there would have been no incentive to breed wild animals and preserve their habitat.

Hunters are about the most ecologically sound people on the planet.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2012, 9:51 AM GMT

Hunting a polar bear with a high powered bow isn't a particularly nice thing to do. I've got no sympathy if she's suddenly become the target of a baying internet mob.

I'm sure there are people who love wasps as much as you do polar bears, so I'll direct them to your Facebook page. ;)

I can only assume that the hunt was conducted legally. if that's the case, people are way out of line to be harassing her. If you support such harassment against someone performing a legal activity then you must support protesters who mob and harass abortion clinics and their clients because, let's face it, killing a human child is a wee bit worse than killing a polar bear.

So because it's legal it's right?

People always protest unjust laws or else they'd never change.

I guess those of us who oppose bimbos with bows need to shout louder than those who dislike abortion.

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2012, 12:55 PM GMT

Personally attacking some woman on Facebook and justifying mindless, ugly, cyber-bullying is not the way to change laws or express your opinion.

You killed an animal for sport you monster! I'm now threatening to kill you! Which conversely doesn't make me a monster! And yes, even though I live six thousand miles away and have no idea or concept behind living in the wilderness or managing animal populations, polar bears are cute, like in Disney films, so I will spend weeks harrassing you and calling for your execution!

bimbos with bows.

Look away Chip!

:)

First, someone will have to prove that the law legalizing the hunt was unjust.

We live in free societies. Change need to be accomplished at the ballot box, not via bullying.