Bellamy's People Page 9

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 12 2010, 10:15 AM GMT

What did the PM say?

I'm still in too much of a state to repeat his harsh words of hate!

Although back on topic, I did enjoy Caroline Aherne's characters last night. Unimpressed

Laughing out loud
Poor chip.

I hope it really was Rhys, that would be rather funny.

It's definitely getting better, although I'm a bit disappointed that Amelia Bulmore's barely featured.

Actually laughed out loud when Tony Beckton yelled at Bellamy to shut up.

And I managed to recognise a couple of places near me where they were filming.

Did anybody watch the blue button material? "80% of people that live in Wales are Scottish". Laughing out loud
The Muslim girl was rather attractive, too Lovey

Quote: shaggy292 @ February 12 2010, 11:40 AM GMT

It's definitely getting better, although I'm a bit disappointed that Amelia Bulmore's barely featured.

Yes I would like to see more of her world. I lol'ed at Whitehouse's vicar making so much noise getting a cup of tea.

Quote: shaggy292 @ February 12 2010, 11:40 AM GMT

Actually laughed out loud when Tony Beckton yelled at Bellamy to shut up.

Tortured soul Tony Beckton is looking like being one of the funniest characters.

I heard Jon Gaunt on Talksport complain about how unfunny Down the Line was and that Paul Whiehouse was rubbish etc. etc.

Guess he's not taking the East Midlands phone-in jock very well

Is the actress who does screechy women 'avin a larf' called Lucy Montgomery?

Lucy Montgomery is in the programme, yes. I believe she played the character you're refering to, but it wasn't memorable enough to make that much of an impression on me...

Tony Beckton rocks! 'Did your Mum talk to a Chinaman in the street? In broad daylight?!'

Of course, along with Mr. Khan, I pointed him out from the start because I am so great and such.

I'm also starting to enjoy the Alan Bennett character and was cracking up when Rhys was asking him about his dad - 'Did your Dad hit anyone?...No?...That's a shame.'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 12 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

Tony Beckton rocks! 'Did your Mum talk to a Chinaman in the street? In broad daylight?!'

Of course, along with Mr. Khan, I pointed him out from the start because I am so great and such.

I'm also starting to enjoy the Alan Bennett character and was cracking up when Rhys was asking him about his dad - 'Did your Dad hit anyone?...No?...That's a shame.'

Yes, great stuff. I wonder if the show is getting better, or we're getting into more?

Charlie Higson's posh old duffer was great too with the Tippex and the "we set fire to a house". And the British Pakistani who didn't want Pakistani girls to go out and mix with dickheads like himself.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 12 2010, 2:30 PM GMT

And the British Pakistani who didn't want Pakistani girls to go out and mix with dickheads like himself.

I know people like that. All very strange individuals.

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2010, 2:32 PM GMT

I know people like that. All very strange individuals.

If you think about it, many blokes are like that in some ways. They treat girls like shit but would go mental if someone treated their sister like that. My brothers were always threatening to kick my boyfriends' heads in. The only one who wasn't frightened of them was Mr Dagger.

But who's best Mr Dagger or Mrs Daggers' brothers- there's only one way to find out!

I did love the Tippex.

And the gangster killing his mum.

I think rather than getting better, it's just growing on people.

Quote: youngian @ February 12 2010, 1:11 PM GMT

Tortured soul Tony Beckton is looking like being one of the funniest characters.

I loved him on Down The Line. Particularly this bit:

Graham Downes:...the punishment should fit the crime...say if you were a young person who rapes old women, right...the punishment should be that...an old woman should do it to you.
Gary: I'm not sure that works, cos, a) you wouldn't find an old woman who would wanna do that to somebody else...
Tony: I know one.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

In episode 4, Whitehouse's Ian Craig-Oldman was talking a bit too much like Rowley Birkin QC for my liking. Surely the great Sir Paul would have realised this himself as well.

Do you mean the 'I was vey, vey drunk' character?