Beyond The Pole - Stephen Mangan & Rhys Thomas Page 3

You could go on the world's first carbon-neutral, vegetarian and organic trip to the cinema.

im so chuffed I might walk there naked knocking one out as I go...is that carbon neutral to walk and wank at the same time?

I can imagine Sir Dicky Attenborough handing you that Bafta right now... *wipes tear*

Quote: Griff @ January 7 2010, 6:42 PM GMT

Yep, that's exactly what everyone wants to see right now, a comedy about Arctic blizzards and snow.

Laughing out loud

Quote: wowthats bonzer @ January 7 2010, 7:39 PM GMT

...is that carbon neutral to walk and wank at the same time?

Or in your case - possible?

are you saying it's impossible for a woman to do such a thing?

Don't keep us in suspense, Bonzer, was the flick any good or not? You can usually tell by how many people walk out during the first half hour.

Quote: YesNo @ January 6 2010, 4:43 PM GMT

Surely it's worth giving the film a chance? The trailer didn't make me laugh, but I'd still take a punt on it. It really doesn't help when every new comedy venture, be it film or sitcom is destroyed in advance.

I echo that. Most of the reaction here has been based on the (not very good) trailer (which doesn't do the film justice (or may actually do it justice, I don't know)) and the backlash against the poster / publicist.

Which in all fairness isn't the way to judge a film's worth. Esp when the reviews are quite good as noted above by OP... and his critics.

:)

i think the trailer's excellent and you're all mad comedic fools!

oh yes...

Never heard of it.

you won't have as it has no marketing money (a REAL indie) but it's getting amazing reviews. Have a look at beginning of thread and is out at ICA on 12th Feb http://bit.ly/5Ao1RQ

Interview with Beyond the Pole director in EyeforFilm

http://www.eyeforfilm.com/feature.php?id=761

attishoo - sorry excuse me!

Be fair, Griff, he's under orders to flag this up for our attention no less than every two hours.

like a plague.