The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 15

Quote: PhQnix @ August 15 2009, 11:21 PM BST

Watching Chelsea fans argue with Man U fans over who's team is the most dickhead-ish is like watching Mussolini accuse Hitler of being evil.

In essence, both your teams are horrible compared to everyone else. :)

Hear, hear!

(Is it wrong that whenever I see the name PhQnix, I pronounce it F**knix in my head?)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 15 2009, 11:27 PM BST

Hear, hear!

(Is it wrong that whenever I see the name PhQnix, I pronounce it F**knix in my head?)

Not at all. I pronounce it "F**k-you-nix." In fact I'm quite sure that's all I did last meet up I attended, explained how to pronounce my name.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 15 2009, 11:31 PM BST

I pronounce it "F**k-you-nix."

Unix hater?

And who do you support PhQnix- I bet it's not Millwall.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 15 2009, 11:21 PM BST

Watching Chelsea fans argue with Man U fans over who's team is the most dickhead-ish is like watching Mussolini accuse Hitler of being evil.

In essence, both your teams are horrible compared to everyone else. :)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Sorry - I lose all reason when it comes to football - especially Manchester United.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 15 2009, 11:31 PM BST

Not at all. I pronounce it "F**k-you-nix." In fact I'm quite sure that's all I did last meet up I attended, explained how to pronounce my name.

Off-topic Aaron - blank it out. Although you probably ignore this thread altogether.

I don't mind Chelsea myself. The Premiership teams I don't like are Liverpool and Manchester City. I used to hate Arsenal, but now since the whole Keane-Viera thing has ended, I've ended any dislike towards them. From lower leagues, I still hate Leeds United and Oldham Athletic.

I suppose to be honest I just hate any one team dominating things. In the 80s I hated Liverpool and wanted Manchester United to win the league. Now I am so sick of them I can't wish them enough ill. (See I know it's unreasonable but I can't help it).

Anyway Sutton beat Margate who are managed by Yorath and Southall 4-0. Much more enjoyable than those poncey professionals.

Also I see Barton is still playing which is a disgrace.

Quote: Chappers @ August 16 2009, 12:13 AM BST

Also I see Barton is still playing which is a disgrace.

I thought the new radio series not to bad actually.

I did watch MotD tonight. I predict great things for Mr Arshavin. He's in my fantasy team anyway. And Chelsea to win the league. You heard it here first. Well maybe 120th.

Quote: DaButt @ August 15 2009, 11:37 PM BST

Unix hater?

I'm just awful at spelling. I was once Phoenix, now this, somehow. :P

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 15 2009, 11:39 PM BST

And who do you support PhQnix- I bet it's not Millwall.

I support West Ham, I can already point out the horrible people in my team so don't worry too much about that. :D Was a good day for us though, we looked much stronger than I could've expected given pre-season, hope we're not peaking too early though.

The Championship's where it's at! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 16 2009, 2:19 AM BST

The Championship's where it's at! :D

Try telling Neil Warnock that.

I see Mark Hughes has been on some kind of drugs this morning. When asked about the whole Lescott affair, he said 'I can understand David Moyes. It's annoying when a BIG club is after one of your players'

How can he say that. Are they in Europe this season? No. Are Everton? Yes.

A good three points to start the season off with. Mr Berbatov seems a better player this season than last. Owen should have scored his last minute one on one.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 16 2009, 12:24 PM BST

I see Mark Hughes has been on some kind of drugs this morning. When asked about the whole Lescott affair, he said 'I can understand David Moyes. It's annoying when a BIG club is after one of your players'

How can he say that. Are they in Europe this season? No. Are Everton? Yes.

Was he implying City were a bigger club than Everton? They may be dwarf us when it comes to wealth, but not history.