Absent friends Page 143

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th October 2015, 9:05 PM BST

"Truth or lie?"

Truth. I knew her father, Cuthbert Crone who once smuggled a shipment of trombones up the Zambezi.

Can I get Ben's parking space...and his clique membership card?

Yes

I am taking a sabbatical for awhile.

This is a good time to remind yourself that there is more to life than waiting anxiously for my next post.

Abyssinia.

Wave

£10 says he'll be back to see who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAiFpYOY0W8

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 18th November 2015, 1:45 PM GMT

This is a good time to remind yourself that there is more to life than waiting anxiously for my next post.

Abyssinia.

Wave

:( I shall miss your whitty remarks (so no change there).

HMP Slade?

Where's my lovely, cuddly Doug Wonnacott gone?

Well he won't be fronting Bargain Hunt for much longer, so perhaps he's looking for another job.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th November 2015, 4:27 PM GMT

Well he won't be fronting Bargain Hunt for much longer, so perhaps he's looking for another job.

Nooo - don't tell me Doug's talented Uncle Tim's been 'let go'? I can't bear to hear it.

'Fraid so. He recorded the last ones in September, which should last until the Spring and then the format will be completely changed.

Another touch of the Clarkson's from what I can gather - arguing with the producers, the arrogant twats.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th November 2015, 4:40 PM GMT

'Fraid so. He recorded the last ones in September, which should last until the Spring and then the format will be completely changed.

Another touch of the Clarkson's from what I can gather - arguing with the producers, the arrogant twats.

That's sad to hear, although I've never personally watched the programme, but Britain needs more eccentric Wonnacotts on television.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th November 2015, 4:42 PM GMT

That's sad to hear, although I've never personally watched the programme, but Britain needs more eccentric Wonnacotts on television.

Yes, he made the programme his own and it won't be the same of course. I never miss it as I love antiques and realise I missed my vocation as an auctioneer. I love going to live auctions, but you have to be wary of "the fever".