I read the news today oh boy! Page 662

The Spanish are moaning about the Iran oil embargo. They're blaming pressure from America and say it's unfair.

I think it's unfair that the Iranians are building nuclear weapons to bomb Israel and start World War 3. Then again, I'm not Spanish.

Quote: sootyj @ February 9 2012, 2:56 PM GMT

Yup far more to do with neocon nuttiness than the EU.

The EU has about as much influence as something with very little influence indeed.

What it does have is a battalion of immensely picky lawyers who will tie you up in knots if you are silly enough to start asking questions rather than just getting on with it.

Even the EU Commission is aware that competition law has become so complicated as to be essentially unworkable.

Have they audited yet? Or is it still 7-8-9 years unaudited?

Rearrange the following two words: train; gravy.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 9 2012, 4:14 PM GMT

Rearrange the following two words: train; gravy.

You and your complicated word puzzles! Angry

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 9 2012, 4:25 PM GMT

You and your complicated word puzzles! Angry

Sorry about that RC. I'll simplify it:

train; gravy; of; bunch; I'm alright Jack; so-and-sos; the; on.

Has this newsworthy item been mentioned yet? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098909/Huge-breasted-model-31-walks-away-horror-crash-38KKK-chest-acts-airbag.html

Thank goodness you showed us that article Kenneth - although what you're doing reading the Daily Mail I do not know.

38kkk, her boobs are racists!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-16961607

We're at that time of year when people are chucking themselves in frozen lakes and rivers to save their pets.

Everyone's very noble and reverential about it, but I think these people are idiots twice. Once, because they took their stupid dog to a frozen river / lake and twice for jumping in to try and save it.

I don't know why these morons get hailed as 'heroes'.

Letting your dog of its lead near a frozen lake is indeed bloody stupid. But I can't help admiring that they love their pet so much they didn't even think twice about diving in to save it.

Like when a cow gets stuck somewhere, and dozens of people get involved trying to save him, it's very heart warming!

Bit of a bugger if they die doing it though...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 10 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

Everyone's very noble and reverential about it, but I think these people are idiots twice. Once, because they took their stupid dog to a frozen river / lake and twice for jumping in to try and save it.

Three times, because it can endanger the lives of rescuers.

His dog was found nearby.

This often happens, too. Maybe dogs are luring impressionable owners to their deaths?

I agree 100% with RP on this (that's right)
It's neither admirable or heartwarming. It's stupid, irresponsible and selfish.
If you think your own life is worth less than that of a dog you need your bumps
feeling.
It usually results in others being dragged into their stupidity by risking the lives of the people that have to come to try and save them and shows more concern for the dog than the grieving families that they might leave behind.
AND...if they ever read a paper they'd know the dog always gets out on it's own anyway...because dogs AREN'T morons.

I didn't say we should all admire them, I said I can't help admiring them.
You can't argue with me about my own opinion. Although I can see you enjoy trying. ;)

Quote: rwayne @ February 10 2012, 1:48 PM GMT

AND...if they ever read a paper they'd know the dog always gets out on it's own anyway...because dogs AREN'T morons.

I agree with this, though.
(After all, if the dogs don't make it out, they can't follow their second favourite hobby of biting children's faces off.)

Quote: zooo @ February 10 2012, 1:49 PM GMT

I didn't say we should all admire them, I said I can't help admiring them.
You can't argue with me about my own opinion. Although I can see you enjoy trying. ;)

I agree with this, though.
(After all, if the dogs don't make it out, they can't follow their second favourite hobby of biting children's faces off.)

With respect, I didn't argue with you about your opinion I offered mine.
I know it's very popular, just lately, for people to jump on everything I say with a view to making me look like I'm having a 'go' at everyone. I'm not...but I cannot decide how someone 'reads' what I write.
Just because I choose not to make, at least, one sexual innuendo by, at least, every third post doesn't mean I'm not 'joining in the fun'
When someone says something I agree with I'll say so, or, likewise if I disagree.

If wrong I smile if right I kiss the rod.

(There's the opportunity if anyone would like it)

Fair enough. Is that an actual saying? I've not heard it before.