15 Storeys High - opinions Page 5

My favourite has got to be gluing Errol's hands to the fish tank to keep him from smoking after Errol used nicotine patches as plasters, and winds up lighting his cig on the toaster.

I've seen the show, but do you recommend getting the DVD for the special features?

Jaime Pond
Anglonerd.com

Quote: Anglonerd @ 19th August 2014, 2:04 AM BST

My favourite has got to be gluing Errol's hands to the fish tank to keep him from smoking after Errol used nicotine patches as plasters, and winds up lighting his cig on the toaster.

I've seen the show, but do you recommend getting the DVD for the special features?

Jaime Pond
Anglonerd.com

I don't know about in the States, but the UK R2 DVD of series 1 & 2 together has commentaries on selected episodes. All by Sean Lock, some with Phil Clarke (director) and some with Martin Treneman and Mark Lamarr (under his real name Mark Jones) who both co-wrote some episodes. I think there is a short interview with Sean Lock but it covers the same ground as the commentaries.

I would say it's worth owning, but the extras are not very spectacular.

If you are going for the UK release, be aware that series 1 is available on it's own or with series 2, but series 2 was only released in a pack with series 1, not separately.

Exactly as Doug says really. I'll probably re-rent s1 at some point to hear the commentaries. I may even splash out on my own copy of the box set (steady on now...)

At £4.50, I bet buying the box set is cheaper than renting the individual series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000LRYT9K/comedyguide-21/

Ooh thanks, once I've found something else to make my order up to the princely sum of £10 I think I'll buy it. It's such a great series.