- 13th February: Comedies nominated for Broadcasting Press Guild Awards 2019
- Comedy Drama
- 6 (1 series)
- Lorna Martin and Sharon Horgan
- Kerry Condon, Nina Sosanya, Eileen Walsh, Sharon Horgan, Emmett J Scanlan, Aaron McCusker, Hannah Adeogun, Catherine McCormack and others
- Lorna Martin
- Annie Griffin
- Gavin O'Grady, Clelia Mountford, Sharon Horgan, Juliette Howell, Tessa Ross, Pete Thornton, Joe McVey, Justin Healy and Ailish McElmeel
Women On The Verge is based on the best-selling book Woman On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown by Lorna Martin, which in turn was based on her much loved Grazia column Conversations With My Therapist.
Set in Dublin, Women On The Verge tells the darkly comic tale of three career-driven friends in their 30's, at various stages of their lives, who share the same nagging concern - that whilst their friends and colleagues seem to be increasingly in control of their lives, their own lives seem to be moving in the opposite direction.
Laura is in the process of potentially ruining her career in investigative journalism by sleeping with her boss. Her ambitions take a knock however when she appears to be supplanted in his affections by a bright and talented young blogger called Samara.
Laura is persuaded by Katie to seek professional help for her many issues in the form of a long-term commitment to intensive psychotherapy with the enigmatic 'Dr F'.
Divorced and single, Katie has recently contemplated a course of IVF to 'complete' her family without a man and have a much longed for sibling for her young daughter Ella.
Meanwhile, Alison completes the trio as a character who, after a series of disastrous and border-line scary Tinder-based one-night stands, finds herself back together with her ex Martin. Alison is hooked up to an electronic device that measures her fertility cycle and describes sex with Martin as 'not too bad really, now that there's some sort of point to it'.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Woman On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 11th October 2018 on W at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 15th November 2018 on W at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 40 minutes
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 1 Episode 1: Saturday at 11:20pm on W