- Sketch Show
- BBC Three
- 6 (1 series), plus 1 highlights special
- Pippa Haywood, Rasmus Hardiker, Alex Macqueen, MyAnna Buring, Ingrid Oliver, Lucy Cudden, Lorna Watson, Humphrey Ker and more
- Jack Cheshire, Ben Wheatley, Phillip Barron, John Camm, Andrew Dawson, Steve Dawson, Tim Inman, Susy Kane and more
- Ben Wheatley
- Jack Cheshire and Jon Rolph
The Wrong Door is a sketch show set in a parallel universe; a fantastic world governed by the laws of comedy - not nature - and where special effects seen in the movies and on TV are part of everyday life.
In this parallel universe, herds of space hoppers and shopping trolleys roam the countryside; robots play tennis; mini-bars come with a helpful mini-barman; magazines come with a free, blow-up boyfriend; and mp3 players generate 3-D popstar holograms and monsters under the bed.
Viewers are introduced to the Booze Fairies, the Wizard of Oswestry, the World's Most Annoying Creature and a love-struck dinosaur called Phillip, amongst others. Here, superheroes, wizards, dinosaurs and monsters casually go about their business amongst the daily irritations of explosions, disasters, battles, chases and driving lessons.
With its genre-busting mix of celebrity cameos, unimaginable locations and impossible visual effects, The Wrong Door is billed as opening a brave new world of comic possibility.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 28th August 2008 at 10:30pm on BBC Three
- Most recent repeats
- Sunday 22nd February 2009 at 7:00pm on BBC3
- Friday 6th February 2009 at 11:30pm on BBC3
- Friday 16th January 2009 at 11:50pm on BBC3