The Wrong Door
Part-CGI animated, part live action sketch show set in a parallel universe
- Sketch Show
- BBC Three
- 6 (1 series)
- Pippa Haywood, Rasmus Hardiker, Alex Macqueen, MyAnna Buring, Ingrid Oliver, Lucy Cudden, Lorna Watson, Humphrey Ker and others
- Jack Cheshire and Ben Wheatley
- Ben Wheatley
- Jack Cheshire and Jon Rolph
The Wrong Door is a sketch show set in a parallel universe; a fantastic world governed by the laws of comedy - not nature - and where special effects seen in the movies and on TV are part of everyday life.
In this parallel universe, herds of space hoppers and shopping trolleys roam the countryside; robots play tennis; mini-bars come with a helpful mini-barman; magazines come with a free, blow-up boyfriend; and mp3 players generate 3-D popstar holograms and monsters under the bed.
Viewers are introduced to the Booze Fairies, the Wizard of Oswestry, the World's Most Annoying Creature and a love-struck dinosaur called Phillip, amongst others. Here, superheroes, wizards, dinosaurs and monsters casually go about their business amongst the daily irritations of explosions, disasters, battles, chases and driving lessons.
With its genre-busting mix of celebrity cameos, unimaginable locations and impossible visual effects, The Wrong Door is billed as opening a brave new world of comic possibility.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 28th August 2008 on BBC Three at 10:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 2nd October 2008 on BBC Three at 10:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Sunday 22nd February 2009 at 7:00pm