- BBC Four
- Michael Grade, Berwick Kaler, Damian Cruden, Matthew Kelly, Kate Newey, Marcus Risdell, Gyles Brandreth, Mark Fox and more
- Michael Burke
- Michael Burke, Debbie Christie and Sam Anthony
From the extravagant productions in Drury Lane in the 19th Century to the vintage performances by Terry Scott and Arthur Askey, the Pantomime Dame has always been anarchic, witty, vulgar affectionate and good box office.
And presenter and TV mogul Michael Grade bravely tries on the full makeup and frock to explore what it is that has made the Pantomime Dame such an enduring feature of British life.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 20th December 2012 at 9pm on BBC Four
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- All previous repeats
- Friday 29th March 2013 at 12:40am on BBC4
- Friday 21st December 2012 at 3:00am on BBC4
- Thursday 20th December 2012 at 9:00pm on BBC HD