- Sketch Show
- 2012 - 2015
- BBC Three
- 19 (3 series), plus 3 highlights specials
- Jolyon Rubinstein, Heydon Prowse and Joe Wade
- Heydon Prowse, Jolyon Rubinstein, Kieran O'Brien and Jo Bunting
- Christopher Davies, Alistair Griggs, Joe Wade, Heydon Prowse, Jolyon Rubinstein and Jon Harvey
- Andy Brown, Adam Jarmaine, Daniel Lucchesi and Tommy Forbes
- Mark Talbot, Andy Brown and Rebecca Fleckney
This series brings corruption, greed and hypocrisy to the fore and drags it to the court of public opinion.
The Revolution Will Be Televised's bite-sized comedy hits - from fictionalised characters to ballsy stunt-led sketches - have already been grabbing the headlines. George Osborne being handed that GCSE maths book? Cheryl Cole 'storming out' of a BBC TV interview? What the hell has been going on?
In the great tradition of mischief-makers like Michael Moore, Mark Thomas and Dom Joly, Heydon Prowse and Jolyon Rubinstein bash a variety of arrogant, puffed-up people over the head with an inflated pig's bladder, on behalf of anyone who has stared open-mouthed at the arrogance, hypocrisy, corruption and greed of the various politicians, avaricious multinationals and tax-shy billionaires who have been taking the piss out of the British public for years. Now it's their turn to be outraged, deceived, inconvenienced and humiliated.
Series 1's bite-sized comedy hits - from fictionalised characters to ballsy stunt-led sketches - grabbed the headlines.
In Series 2, their targets were every bit as varied and every bit as flummoxed by the boys' sheer chutzpah. The EDL, David Cameron, Google, the BBC, George Clooney, Cara Delevingne, Nike, Bell Pottinger, the Saudi Embassy, betting shops, Ed Miliband, Katie Price, Nigel Farage, the G8 Summit, Amazon, Ryan Air, GCHQ, the International Criminal Court (ICC), Network Rail, Boris Johnson and much, much more... all were confronted in a very public arena often with surprising results.
For Series 3, the duo headed to America to film some stunts. Bill Clinton, Dennis Rodman, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Samuel L Jackson and Bryan Cranston are amongst those that crossed their path, with the UN, Coca Cola, Wall Street, Gun Lovers, Pro-Lifers, Google, the whole of Las Vegas and Halliburton in the US also coming under satirical attack.
In 2015, to tie in with the General Election, the team delivered Revolution Presents: Democracy Dealers, a one-off special featuring politician-based highlights from the show alongside new footage.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Revolution Presents: Democracy Dealers (Other official name)
- The Revolution Will Be Televised Presents Democracy Dealers (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 22nd August 2012 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 15th March 2015 on BBC Two at 10:35pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Sunday 14th February 2016 at 3:30am