- Comedy Drama
- BBC Four
- Alexander Armstrong, Martin Freeman, Derek Riddell, Colin Michael Carmichael, James Fleet, Edward Baker-Duly, Sam Phillips, Stefan Butler and more
- Tony Saint
- Saul Metzstein
- Andrea Cornwell, Jamie Laurenson and Elinor Day
A 90-minute comedy drama focusing the rivalry between the maverick Sir Clive Sinclair (played by Alexander Armstrong) and his former colleague Chris Curry (Martin Freeman). The comedy drama documents the lengthy rivalry between the pair as they go head-to-head to achieve domination of the growing home computer market.
Micro Men is an affectionately comic account of the race for home computer supremacy, with Sinclair's ZX Spectrum and C5 computers battling Curry's BBC Micro.
Richard Klein, controller of BBC4, said: "Those of us who lived through the 1980s will remember the sense of excitement when gadgets and technology started to appear in our homes, but not many of us will know the fascinating stories behind their arrival. Alexander Armstrong and Martin Freeman are excellent choices to portray Sir Clive Sinclair and Chris Curry at a time when battling to have the UK's most loved home computer was their number one priority."
- Also known as
- Syntax Era (Working title)
- First broadcast
- Thursday 8th October 2009 at 9pm on BBC Four
- Episode length
- 85 minutes
- Most recent repeats
- Thursday 24th February 2011 at 9:00pm on BBC4
- Saturday 22nd May 2010 at 10:30pm on BBC4
- Wednesday 30th December 2009 at 9:05pm on BBC4