- 2018 - 2020
- Sky One
- 12 (2 series)
- Karl Pilkington, Sondra James and Marama Corlett
- Karl Pilkington and Richard Yee
- Richard Yee
- John Pocock
Sick Of It is a scripted comedy series that sees Karl Pilkington takes on two roles - himself, and the voice inside his head, as he muddles through the mundane life he may have led if he hadn't met Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
The series follows Karl, a crotchety middle-aged cabbie recently ditched by his long-term girlfriend, as he muddles through life and attempts to make sense of the modern world.
Now living with his elderly auntie, Karl's closest companion is Inner Self, an uncensored version of himself who just won't shut up; the voice in his head who says what he really thinks without the risk of offending others. As Karl attempts to move on from the break up and sort out his life, the voice in his head appears periodically to guide, criticise and dispense his unorthodox philosophy of life, with some interesting results!
In Series 2, after Aunt Norma replaces Karl with a young sparky care worker called Ruby, it triggers a bout of soul searching about how little he's achieved in his life. Karl being Karl, he seeks to rectify this by bingeing on biscuits before attempting to dislodge Ruby in Norma's affections.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Karl Pilkington: Sick Of It (Working title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 27th September 2018 on Sky One at 2am
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 17th January 2020 on Sky One at 10:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 2 Episode 5: Tomorrow at 12am on Sky2
- Series 2 Episode 6: Tomorrow at 12:30am on Sky2
- Series 2 Episode 5: Tomorrow at 11:35pm on Sky2
- Series 2 Episode 6: Sunday at 12:05am on Sky2
- Series 2 Episode 5: Monday at 1am on Sky1
- Series 2 Episode 6: Monday at 1:30am on Sky1
- Series 2 Episode 5: Friday 31st January at 12am on Sky1
- Series 2 Episode 6: Friday 31st January at 12:30am on Sky1