- Panel Show
- 2013 - 2014
- 18 (2 series)
- Matt Edmondson, Ellie Taylor, Joe Swash and Matt Ralph
- James Menzies, Christopher Davies, Phil Kerr, Dan Swimer, Simon Bullivant, Dominic English, Kevin Day, Will Ing and others
- Ian Lorimer and Geraldine Dowd
- Jake Attwell, Darren Sole and Tommy Panays
Matt Edmondson hosts this comedy panel show in which two teams (headed by Joe Swash and Ellie Taylor) try to keep a straight face and earn points for their team while secretly enduring anything from an electric shock to having a bird peck food off their head. Who will be able to fake their reaction and convince the others that everything is completely normal?
In Fake Reaction, six celebrity contestants compete against each other in front of a studio audience. The contestants take turns guessing and playing. Whoever hides their reactions best on the one hand while on the other hand guessing correctly which opponent suffers, wins.
For example, 3 people sit on identical looking blocks - 2 are made of paper maché, while the 3rd block is solid ice. Only 1 contestant actually endures the freezing discomfort. But which 2 are faking it?
3 people climb a ladder and stand on a platform. 1 contestant must manage 3 feet on a tightrope to another platform while the others simply walk across a wide beam. Who is fighting for balance and who is just faking it?
Who sits in a bath tub filled with ice cubes? Who witnesses their sister getting a lap dance by a male stripper without letting on? If the players guess right, they win points - the rounds progressively increasing in scale and intensity.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 3rd January 2013 on ITV2 at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 6th March 2014 on ITV2 at 10pm
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 30th September 2015 at 12:35am