Do Not Adjust Your Set - Collector's Edition
Innovative and influential, and originally broadcast as a children's show, Do Not Adjust Your Set was a madcap early-evening comedy sketch show that quickly acquired a cult following with Swinging Sixties adults, who rushed home from work to see it.
Written by and starring Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Eric Idle, with great performances and additional material by David Jason and Denise Coffey, it also provided an early showcase for the hilarious animations of Terry Gilliam, and the brilliantly bizarre musical antics of the legendary Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
For the first time anywhere, all 14 fully existing (of 29) episodes from the Rediffusion and Thames series of the show are brought together in one place for a deluxe package that includes five episodes new to DVD, at least two of which were previously thought lost, alongside new interviews with series creator and producer Humphrey Barclay, writer and performer Michael Palin, uninvited guest star Tim Brooke-Taylor, animations from Terry Gilliam's personal film collection, and a new documentary about The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, featuring new interviews with 1960s originators and key personnel Neil Innes, Rodney Slater, Roger Ruskin-Spear and 'Legs' Larry Smith.
First released: Monday 16th September 2019
- Putting Strange Things Together (2019, 33 mins): Michael Palin recalls his early TV days, including Do Not Adjust Your Set
- We Just Want You To Invent The Show (2019, 34 mins): Humphrey Barclay on his comedy career from Footlights to Rediffusion
- The Uninvited Guest Star (2019, 5 mins): Tim Brooke-Taylor on his Do Not Adjust Your Set appearance
- The Funniest Thing On English Television (2019, 7 mins): John Cleese reflects on the show's impact
- Bonzos On The Box (2019, 60 mins): New feature-length documentary on The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band featuring Neil Innes, Rodney Slater, Roger Ruskin-Spear and 'Legs' Larry Smith
- The Doo-Dah Discotheque (2019): A Bonzo video jukebox
- The Intro And The Outro (2018, 2 mins): A newly filmed introduction by Neil Innes
- The Christmas Card (1968, 3 mins), Beware Of The Elephants (1968, 3 mins), Learning To Live With An Elephant (1968, 4 mins): Animations by Terry Gilliam, newly scanned from his own 35mm film masters
- Lost Listens (1969, audio): Rare sound-only excerpts from missing Thames episodes
- Do Not Adjust Your Scripts: Reproductions of scripts from missing Rediffusion episodes
- The Humphrey Barclay Scrapbook: Photos, cuttings and drawings from the legendary producer's personal archive
- Illustrated booklet with an introduction by Michael Palin, an exclusive interview with David Jason, new contributions from Humphrey Barclay, Neil Innes, 'Legs' Larry Smith and Kaleidoscope's Chris Perry, plus essay and episode guide by the BFI[z/]'s Vic Pratt, comedy context by the BFI's Dick Fiddy, and musical notes by The Doo-Dah Diaries' David Christie
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing