Comedy drama following the world's worst hairdressers, Bev and her assistant, Shirley
- Comedy Drama
- 2009 - 2016
- BBC Radio 4
- 31 (1 pilot + 6 series)
- Lorraine Ashbourne, Rosie Cavaliero, Stephanie Racine and Sarah Thom
- Steve Chambers and Phil Nodding
- Jessica Dromgoole
HighLites started off as a one-off Radio 4 comic drama in the Afternoon Play spot, before becoming a series.
HighLites is the enduring comedy of Bev, the bitter and vindictive chief stylist and Shirley, her fond and foolish assistant.
Bridgford is blessed with the meanest, and most stupid, hairdresser in Britain. Bev's lifestyle has brought the salon to the point of bankruptcy and she'll do anything to keep it afloat. Deciding against Shirley's suggestion of dog-clipping, Bev resorts to desperate measures to save the salon.
As series progress, the duo take their salon on the road, to the seas, are involved in a hit-and-run, and expand into the booming fitness market.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Afternoon Play: High-Lites (Pilot)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 15th December 2009 on BBC Radio 4 at 2:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 29th July 2016 on BBC Radio 4 at 10:45am
- Last repeat
- Monday 8th March 2021 at 2:20am on Radio 4 Extra