Comedy drama set in and around a hairdressing salon in Bridgford
- Comedy Drama
- 2009 - 2012
- BBC Radio 4
- 11 (1 pilot + 2 series)
- Lorraine Ashbourne, Rosie Cavaliero, Stephanie Racine and Sarah Thom
- Steve Chambers and Phil Nodding
- Jessica Dromgoole
HighLites started off as a one-off Radio 4 comic drama in the Afternoon Play spot, before becoming a series.
HighLites is the enduring comedy of Bev, the bitter and vindictive chief stylist and Shirley, her fond and foolish assistant.
Bridgford is blessed with the meanest, and most stupid, hairdresser in Britain. Bev's lifestyle has brought the salon to the point of bankruptcy and she'll do anything to keep it afloat. Deciding against Shirley's suggestion of dog-clipping, Bev resorts to desperate measures to save the salon.
For Series 2 - which was broadcast in Radio 4's 15 Minute Drama slot - the country's worst hairdressers go mobile.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 15th December 2009 on BBC Radio 4 at 2:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 12th October 2012 on BBC Radio 4 at 10:45am
- Last repeat
- Sunday 31st July 2016 at 1:00am on Radio 4 Extra