Radio 4 sitcom about a stay-at-home father who is having a mid-life crisis. Created by stand-up comedian Hal Cruttenden
- 2014 - 2017
- BBC Radio 4
- 8 (2 series)
- Hal Cruttenden, Ed Byrne, Gavin Webster, Kerry Godliman, Anna Crilly, Ronni Ancona, Abigail Cruttenden, Arthur Hughes and others
- Hal Cruttenden and Dominic Holland
- Paul Russell
Comedy about a hapless house husband trying to cope with his mid-life crisis and doubting his every move.
Hal, married to Sam, is the father to two lovely girls. The problem is that, as Sam's career blossoms internationally, and daughters Lilly and Molly grow up and are no longer dependent on their loving and caring father, Hal feels restless.
Having decided to give up his career and be a house husband many years ago, the appeal of being around his family more is wearing thin. So with the help of his ever unreliable mates Doug, Fergus and Barry, Hal decides to try new things in his life, but inevitably things don't go to plan!
Further challenges come from Hal's now deceased father, who was a true adventurer and all-round hero (something his son sadly is not) and is starting to appear to Hal at the most inopportune times to give unwelcome advice.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Hal Cruttenden
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 16th November 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 7:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 30th April 2017 on BBC Radio 4 at 7:15pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Monday 19th July 2021 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra