- 25th February: Fighting Talk among shows moved from 5 Live due to Ukraine coverage (Radio Today)
- Panel Show
- 2003 - 2022
- BBC Radio 5 Live
- 742 (1 pilot + 19 series)
- Colin Murray, Christian O'Connell, Josh Widdicombe, Georgie Ainslie, Jonathan Pearce, Matt Johnson and Johnny Vaughan
Fighting Talk is a sports-based panel game in which guests debate the biggest sporting issues of the week.
Each show features a range of guests from different sports being asked to debate a range of topical issues. Points are awarded for informed comment, wit and passion but taken away for ridiculous comments and answers lacking in conviction.
The top two scoring panellists go head to head in the final round of 'defend the indefensible' where they must defend an unpalatable comment for twenty seconds, however outrageous or distasteful.
For the 2013-2014 series Christian O'Connell was back in the host's seat, with Matt Johnson and Jonathan Pearce also regularly hosting. From August 2014 until August 2016, Josh Widdicombe and Georgie Ainslie (nee Thompson) took turns to host the show.
With Josh Widdicombe and Georgie Ainslie busy on other projects in the autumn of 2016, Colin Murray - who had just quit his TalkSport radio show - returned as host in September 2016, a position he continues to still hold now.
- Also known as
- Johnny Vaughan's Fighting Talk (Series 1 title)
- The theme tune is Sabotage by Beastie Boys, which has evolved over the years.
- First broadcast
- Saturday 11th October 2003 at 11am on BBC Radio 5 Live
- Most recent repeats
- Dock 10 (MediaCityUK) - Main studio
- Cardiff Motorpoint Arena - 2016 Special
- Mountford Hall (Liverpool Guild of Students)
- University of Lincoln
- BBC Radio Theatre
- Tyne Theatre & Opera House
- Hull City Hall