- 27th January via Chortle: BBC pulls its Friday Night Comedy podcasts from Apple & Google
- 17th January via British Comedy Guide: Comedy.co.uk Awards 2021 shortlist
- Sketch Show
- 2000 - 2021
- BBC Radio 4
- 123 (21 series), plus 10 highlights / drama special
- Bill Dare
- Jon Culshaw, Jan Ravens, Duncan Wisbey, Lewis Macleod, Debra Stephenson, Phil Cornwell, Kevin Connelly, Mark Perry and more
- Bill Dare, Mario Stylianides and Danny Wallace
Dead Ringers is an impressionist show with a satirical bite.
Regular victims in the original series - which starred Jon Culshaw, Jan Ravens, Phil Cornwell, Kevin Connelly and Mark Perry - included Tony Blair, who keeps referring to his physical mannerisms; an almost totally incoherent Robin Cook; and the gaff-strewn speeches of George W. Bush.
As well as mocking politicians, Dead Ringers also makes fun of other Radio 4 programmes and personalities. Regular victims include the cast of The Archers, the (now no-longer running) patronising children's show Go4It, the surprisingly adult adventures of Alan Bennett and Thora Hird, and the most feared man on in the world, the bloodthirsty "Godfather of Radio 4", announcer Brian Perkins.
The episodes also feature a range of hoax calls, most of them involving the voice of the Tom Baker version of Doctor Who.
After 7 years off-air, the show returned in 2014 with a new cast of characters, and new cast members. Now, once again, no one is safe from merciless parody as the show aims to take down every programme, institution and politician you hold dear.
- First broadcast
- Friday 7th January 2000 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Most recent repeats
- BBC Radio Theatre
- RADA Studios
- Venue Cymru - 2018 episode
- The Comedy Store (London) - 2019 Xmas Special
- Zoom (Virtual)