I know you've been waiting...

... so here's my proper introduction

Well, I like a lot of British television; I think Brits have it alright.

I didn't really expect that the country of (my) origin will be displayed under my nick. I would never reveal the country of my birth otherwise, no matter how much you tortured me.

Don't let my nick scare you, not a religious freak, not a religious man, not religious. The nick is derived from some thought that use to amuse me some time back about e-clergy.

I like Alexei Sayle (The Stuff, MerryGoAround, All New… etc.), Young Ones, Spaced (why oh why did they make only two seasons, Simon must know that was his best thing), Eddie Izzard had me on the floor laughing, I liked The Bottom and some other Rik Mayall stuff …

So, yeah, I would like to check Linda Green. Can't really say will I enjoy it as much. So is this just a forum or do you have a tracker, or maybe links to torrents? Also, could anyone recommend a good show on politics? Something like Hard Talk with bigger time frame. I would go for a humoristic approach as well - who'd be the British Bill Maher (but with few more brain cells)?

P.S. And if this is sitcom forum, why do you have that kid from "This is England" appearing on the logo? He didn't do a sitcom "This is England", did he?

Hello.

We are what is known as legal. So nothing close to torrents.

No idea what you're on about This Is England.

This kid? Where?

It's a banner at the top sometimes. An advert.

Hello klerik!

Ohhh, the HMV one! Yes. Logo? Just an advert!

OK, you legal people, drinking and not showing your ID, so there's no mention of torrents. Who said… I would never ever download a movie of the Net… Ever…

And it's not the logo it's the banner, sorry, ok, my bad. (Or an advert) These things do happen to me, remember I'm not English, so I still like to think I speak English better then you speak my language :P

My request for info still stands, please help if you know any shows that would fall along those lines. You know, you just name it, and I'll play dumb, like; oh really, don't say, you think he is like the English Bill Maher sort of a guy. Look will you just excuse me for a moment while I go and... check...

Thank you for all the warmth and welcomes, and understanding, and corrections, and that girl with cute yellow avatar. You're all dog's bullocks (as Izzard said I should say when talking to young English), the other word being ‘knackered'…

What a strange person.

Hello and welcome, Klerik! Wave

Wave

Welcome.

This is England is a killer film! :)

Hello & welcome. Yes - your English is a lot better than my hatever - but I don't understand some of the jargon.

And who's Bill Maher?

"What a strange person" is a comment I'd expect from an Englishman, or perhaps I'm prejudicial. loled at that

Yes, This is England is a very good movie, but I felt it failed to convey the wider picture. It started with those opening credits that portrayed the zeitgeist of early 80' Britain trough some of the highlights, then the movie seamed as a coming of age, personal drama of a ten-year-old.

It didn't feel as everyone's story, but beside that it was pretty good.

As for the rest of your welcomes, I thank you all. I just came to realize that I'll always fall behind in these forums, since you don't share new shows, I can't really discuss anything. My cable only has BBC prime, I get Red Dwarf (and I know every episode by heart), Vicar of Dibley etc.

@David Chapman; didn't know I did any jargon. Bill Maher is a stand up comedian who hosts a talk show "Real Time with Bill Maher" at HBO.(http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/) The show tackles most recent issues, but always with a touch of comedy. The guy is not that great of a comedian (average, I'd say), because he is not really intelligent. He often looks down upon certain groups, and is insulting. Which often diminishes his qualities? His newest film is a comic documentary Religulous opening in cinemas right about now.

So I thought someone from Britain doing similar show might be interesting.

Oh he's American. That explains it then.

Quote: klerik @ October 30 2008, 8:45 PM BST

Don't let my nick scare you, not a religious freak, not a religious man, not religious. The nick is derived from some thought that use to amuse me some time back about e-clergy.

Your nick?

Hey Klerik,

There's a famous saying "using a sledgehammer when you need a scalpel", or something along the lines...

However, where your posts are concerned, you should stop using a scalpel and start using a sledgehammer. Wave