You are superior...

I'm an American. [Dodges loosely flung refuse]. Actually, I'm a New Yorker if that makes for an easier introduction.

You could say I'm "one of those" Americans that lived in Dublin during college and begot a short lived love affair with British Comedy.

Today I'm a comedian in NYC and teach sketch, stand-up and improv to young people. This summer I'll return to teaching at a performing arts camp when I plan to hold a debate with another counselor on British vs. American comedy.

I'm arguing for your side of the pond and hope you'll all offer some great feedback for me to use. The little I know of British sitcoms stem from what my English and Irish friends have introduced me to.

I love 'Black Books' with the fiery passion of a hundred thousand white hot suns. I was told Dylan Moran created the show in response to how mainstream and idiotic 'Friends' was. This is the foundation from whence my love for these kind of shows grows.

I also have weird kindred spirit kind of affection for 'Nighty Night'. I hope to chat more about that with you all.

Thank you for producing intellignet comedy. Bless you people. Teary

<3 Rosie

hi rosie and welcome to the site, i'm sure you will get all the answers you want.

If it's debate you're after, you've come to the right place. Welcome Rosie.

Haha, brilliant intro. Welcome. :)

Welcome Rosie - enjoy the site.

Andy W Wave

:D Wave

Welcome Huney.

I want to live in America. When can i come stay? I will do all the washing up for 2 whole days. Also I am but a slim girl and will only take up the tiniest, lickle, small dot bit of room in your bed. I will however understand if you would rather have the couch.

I have not seen Black Books, but i want to now. Oh and i also lurrrrrrrve Nighty Night. Its a gal thing me thinx.

Wave :D :)