Using Celtx Page 3

I've got an older version of Celtx and to turn a screenplay into a text file you have to go "Script" on the tool bar, then select "Export Script"

Maybe that will work for you.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 28 2009, 7:58 PM BST

Does anyone know if it's possible to export a Celtx project to Word/PDF?

I usually use PDF995 for making PDF files.

It operates as a Dummy printer, so works from almost all sensible programs.

{I know that was an old question, but I thought others might like this answer}.

Quote: AJGO @ September 12 2012, 12:41 PM BST

Save as PDF (Go to Typeset/PDF tab at bottom of page). When you open the document as a PDF on your computer (I presume you're using Adobe?) there is a 'Tools' option in top right hand corner. Click on that and it'll give you options to convert to Word, excel, and .rtf.

Thanks for that, have no problems saving to PDF but when I click on tools it has a box that gives option to save to word but when I click on 'convert' it says I have to sign up and takes me to a pricing screen, £15.62 a year...am at a loss!

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 12 2012, 5:18 PM BST

I've got an older version of Celtx and to turn a screenplay into a text file you have to go "Script" on the tool bar, then select "Export Script"

Maybe that will work for you.

Thanks but no joy, I have tried that but it will only save to HTML. I don't understand what's gone wrong really.

I've just tried it on mine and if you save as PDF then open, under file there's 'save as' which gives txt option. Can't figure out Word though

Damn, it just saves to 'notepad' text which is a tiny box, really frustrating, thanks AJGO for persevering with me! Why don't people just accept PDF and then there would be no problem, :|