Nerd News Page 16

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2009, 8:57 PM GMT

Transformers looks like, well, loads of obviously computer generated robots

Sounds good to me. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2009, 8:59 PM GMT

This series so far has been a bit of a damp squib I think. Basically I want them to stop messing around and have Sylar be f**king dark and muderous and scary! He always gets beaten up! Or acts nice! Just freaking cut peoples heads off and look evil already!!

I'm still enjoying it. If Sylar was that bad and unstoppable, it would all be over pretty fast.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 2 2009, 8:59 PM GMT

Sounds good to me. :D

Puh. The first one was Ok, enjoyable enough, nothing special.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 2 2009, 9:01 PM GMT

I'm still enjoying it. If Sylar was that bad and unstoppable, it would all be over pretty fast.

But he gets beaten up every-single-time-! Let him be the monster a bit more.

To say "he gets beaten up every-single-time-!" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. He's killed plenty of people. How about the room full of office workers? "Oooh, cake.." Or El? (or whatever her name was), and the guy robbing the bank with Peter?

Anyway, I think he's back to his evil ways now. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2009, 9:02 PM GMT

Puh. The first one was Ok, enjoyable enough, nothing special.

I really enjoyed the first one.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 2 2009, 9:09 PM GMT

To say "he gets beaten up every-single-time-!" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. He's killed plenty of people. How about the room full of office workers? "Oooh, cake.." Or El? (or whatever her name was), and the guy robbing the bank with Peter?

Anyway, I think he's back to his evil ways now. :)

I really enjoyed the first one.

Tranformers was AWESOME! Brainless brawl, hot woman, and Optimus Prime. Hopefully number 2 will cut out the will they will they crap and just go all out FIGHTING!!!!

Sylars owns in Heroes, he's almost as cool as Noah or Hiro. If you want to talk about disapointments how about P Petrelli?

Heroes series one was brilliant. The idea, the writing, the plot - all first rate.
Now it's becoming a joke. The writing is so piss poor, especially with the characters who are all all over the place, and the plots are getting crap too. It's like they wrote the first series in their own time and then were made to rush the following two, and it really shows. I think people are sticking with it now just because they want to see the super-powers, or because they started watching at the beginning and are carrying on through habit.

Quote: Gavin @ February 2 2009, 9:13 PM GMT

If you want to talk about disapointments how about P Petrelli?

In the scene in last series where he met his future self and they were talking together I just imagined one turning to the other and saying my f**king God is my acting really THAT bad!

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 2 2009, 9:09 PM GMT

To say "he gets beaten up every-single-time-!" is probably a bit of an exaggeration.

That's what it feels like to me. Even in that episode where he was stalking Claire around the house he got smacked around. He gets bitch slapped a lot, and when soppy old Peter does it it makes me squirm.

Cussing Christian Bale tears into Terminator: Salvation's Director of Photography (audio file)

Woh Christian Bale is a priiiiiiiiick

It's always fun to see prima donnas outed.

Didn't he punch his mom last year at the premier of that boring Batman film?

Quote: chipolata @ February 4 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

Didn't he punch his mom last year at the premier of that boring Batman film?

And sister. Allegedly.

From the sounds of it thought, he gets his doucheyness from her side of the family.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 4 2009, 12:07 AM GMT

Cussing Christian Bale tears into Terminator: Salvation's Director of Photography (audio file)

I think there's a good argument here (well better than the lighting guy's anyway). The guy, working in films, should have known better than to walk on set during a take. As Bale is a method actor (check out the Machinist) then having to do a big emotional scene (which it was apparently) during which the lighting guy wanders in is unacceptable and the media seem to be latching onto his angry rant not the actual argument where he says the guy is a good bloke but is professionally crap.

I'm not a massive fan of the Bale, but the guy was mic'd up and its been leaked to the media, and happened last July?

The world's going mad!

Maybe I'm still grumpy that I never got to build a snowman on Monday. Console

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 4 2009, 12:07 AM GMT

'Batman' star defended over four-letter rant

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 4 2009, 6:59 PM GMT

'Batman' star defended over four-letter rant

I love Ain't it Cool News. The big guy does have a good point.