Status report Page 5,467

Thanks not actually hard working, but delighted to give that impression.

Quote: sootyj @ 23rd December 2013, 2:36 PM GMT

Thanks not actually hard working.

Oh in that case you're screwed :D

Seriously the enormous amount of e-lance stuff you 'seem' to do, is staggering sometimes.

Quote: sootyj @ 23rd December 2013, 2:23 PM GMT

So now my desk is clear, my reference I think sorted and most importantly my redundancy paid.

It's time too announce that I've taken redundancy, packed in the day job and taken up a fulltime career as a freelance writer.
I'm not sure if this is a midlife crisis, or the best thing I ever did only time will tell.

I will be offering a superior script reading service to Stott or Swertyds. As it's twice as good, I will taken any price they offer you and double it.

I sincerely wish you all the best mate. As I have a broken left wrist can I use yours? Could be your first paid job as an independent. Needless to say there may be a few unsavoury tasks to complete ;)

Thats part the reason for quitting the day job, I was getting into web and app content, funny emails for boring companies and loads of corporate speeches, or wedding speeches for international bankers. So I was ending up with two dullish jobs, even though I do oddly seem to like all that safe, corporate comedy.

What's big, impressive and makes all the secretaries squeal. Our sales figures.

I was bordering on having 2 dull careers, so I thought ditch one and get back to writing what I want to.

Quote: sootyj @ 23rd December 2013, 2:44 PM GMT

What's big, impressive and makes all the secretaries squeal. Our sales figures.

I just have to say, for no other reason than old times sake, you've written better :D

Yes I have written far, far better.

But c'mon Danny if you're gonna be old skool, its YWB or YWBBIDI

Quote: dannyjb1 @ 23rd December 2013, 2:46 PM GMT

I just have to say, for no other reason than old times sake, you've written better :D

NB one deranged plan that won't leave my head, is too take all the weird jokes I've written for lady comics, motivational speakers and meat headed best men, then deliver them as a dead pan standup routine.

So now my desk is clear, my reference I think sorted and most importantly my redundancy paid.

It's time too announce that I've taken redundancy, packed in the day job and taken up a fulltime career as a freelance writer.
I'm not sure if this is a midlife crisis, or the best thing I ever did only time will tell.

I will be offering a superior script reading service to Stott or Swertyds. As it's twice as good, I will taken any price they offer you and double it.

Congratulations, looking at your Elance profile, you'll do well. :)

Well done Sootyj and here's to a preposterous new year...does this mean we'll be seeing more of you online now ?? ;)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 23rd December 2013, 2:59 PM GMT

Well done Sootyj and here's to a preposterous new year...does this mean we'll be seeing more of you online now ?? ;)

If you check Chat Roulette you can see a lot more of him.

Mazel Tov Sooty! It will be a great step.

Well done Soots, you brave little badger you.

I have just finished making my first Christmas cake. Feeling festive and domesticated.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 23rd December 2013, 3:02 PM GMT

Nils for the last time that's your mum

Quote: Nil Putters @ 23rd December 2013, 3:02 PM GMT

:D

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 23rd December 2013, 2:59 PM GMT

Possibly depends on if Aaron pays me

Well done and Good Luck!