Status report Page 4,880

Quote: reds @ November 21 2012, 9:14 AM GMT

So nice of them to tell you. I had a procedure done for the second time last year. When I was signing the paperwork with the Dr he told me about some of the side effects if it went wrong. The Doctor I'd had the first time had left that bit out!

I think a lot of doctors seem to assume that their patients either have comparable medical knowledge to them or they assume that patients don't really need much information beyond how many pills to take! I've always been inclined to trust professionals and to take their advice, but I think I'm going to wind up one of these paranoid people who keeps their own medical records and reads up on clinical trials before doing what the doctor says.

Quote: Harridan @ November 21 2012, 9:21 AM GMT

I think a lot of doctors seem to assume that their patients either have comparable medical knowledge to them or they assume that patients don't really need much information beyond how many pills to take! I've always been inclined to trust professionals and to take their advice, but I think I'm going to wind up one of these paranoid people who keeps their own medical records and reads up on clinical trials before doing what the doctor says.

Yea. I have learnt over the years to ask questions if I'm not sure of something. It doesn't always work though, as sometimes you need a bit of information to know what to ask.

Quote: Harridan @ November 21 2012, 9:02 AM GMT

Been wondering why I've been feeling so completely out of it lately and thought it might be something to do with the new meds I've been on. Just did a Google search for the name of my meds and the first 3 pages of results are 'survivor stories' and lawyers offering to sue the manufacturers on my behalf! Time for a new doctor, I think.

Reliable?

People can be very suspicious of medics and believe the most ridiculous bollox instead of the medical profession. And there's plenty willing to sell snake oil at a huge mark up.

Quote: sootyj @ November 21 2012, 10:01 AM GMT

Reliable?

People can be very suspicious of medics and believe the most ridiculous bollox instead of the medical profession. And there's plenty willing to sell snake oil at a huge mark up.

I'm definitely not the type to decide to give up on proper medicine and start taking water drops instead, but it seems the medication I'm on is notoriously bad with side effects.

Oh right yeh that makes sense.

Bad luck about the sandwiches!

Quote: sootyj @ November 21 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

Oh right yeh that makes sense.

Bad luck about the sandwiches!

ta!

Suspect I may have drunk more wine than is advisable considering I have work earlish in the morning and have a really busy day ahead.

AJGO is now even more confused when she sees Lee's avatar.
But thanks to Harridan for my shiny new pic!

And thanks again to Aaron for sorting it out because despite numerous attempts I still can't blimmin do it myself

I beginning to wonder what exactly is under that hat!

Quote: Lee @ November 21 2012, 7:07 PM GMT

I beginning to wonder what exactly is under that hat!

Hee, is a different hat! Face is... a four letter word Pirate
Why aren't more of our emoticons wearing hats?

Ooh, I've gone all intellectual in Lee's avatar.
I wonder what great work I'm composing...

I'm liking the new pic AJGO, very film noir...and yours Lee, though I haven't a monkeys why it's changing every five minutes ;)

This current one is a classic.

Why does AJGO always look so secretive ??

Are you an international spy?

I don't think the Russians are interested in anything that goes on in here

Ive certainly no secrets

Feel free to interogate me though If ya like

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 21 2012, 7:25 PM GMT

I'm liking the new pic AJGO, very film noir...and yours Lee, though I haven't a monkeys why it's changing every five minutes ;)

Cheers Shandy

Quote: lofthouse @ November 21 2012, 7:34 PM GMT

Why does AJGO always look so secretive ??

Are you an international spy?

I don't think the Russians are interested in anything that goes on in here

Ive certainly no secrets

Feel free to interogate me though If ya like

Obvs I'm an international spy Wave

Goshdarnit lofty, now you've made me go and ruin my international-spy career.
Why I oughta..

Ah well it's not as easy as it looks this James Bond lark

All the travelling, all the martini's, all the sex with double agents and villains trying to cut off your junk with lasers

Gets old quick