Status report Page 3,610

Quote: zooo @ April 15 2011, 2:47 PM BST

I'm not one of those jammy c**ts that gets every job they apply for.

Wave

Competency interviews are good and bad. The good is that they have a very set criteria making it difficult for interviewers to make questions less or more difficult depending on how much they like the interviewee. It reduces the chance of the interviewer being able to control the outcome of the interview based on their perceptions of the person in the hot seat. But you're right, it very much does favour those who are confident and good at speaking. But then again, all interviews do that. The person it particularly favours is someone who is very good at anticipating potential questions and planning their answers before hand.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ April 15 2011, 3:05 PM BST

it very much does favour those who are confident and good at speaking.

For better or worse, life favours the confident and good at speaking. The meek shall not inherit the earth.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 3:10 PM BST

For better or worse, life favours the confident an good at speaking. The meek shall not inherit the earth.

I'm both good at speaking and am extremely meek. So how the f**k does that work? Eh?

For better or worse, life favours the confident and good at speaking. The meek shall not inherit the earth.

usually confident good speaking people have the least amount to say. Noisy windbags.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 15 2011, 3:11 PM BST

I'm both good at speaking and am extremely meek. So how the f**k does that work? Eh?

Good at oral, eh?

Quote: Gavin @ April 15 2011, 3:12 PM BST

usually confident good speaking people have the least amount to say. Noisy windbags.

I didn't say it was necessarily a good thing. And I know loads of people who turned out to be shit at their jobs but can do a blinding interview.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 3:13 PM BST

Good at oral, eh?

Used to be. Now I'm just an old man waiting for the sweet release of death.

The meek shall not inherit the earth.

What about everything in it? That would be some consolation at least.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 15 2011, 3:15 PM BST

Used to be. Now I'm just an old man waiting for the sweet release of death.

You're in the right place. The BCG - death's waiting room.

Quote: Marc P @ April 15 2011, 3:18 PM BST

What about everything in it?

No.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 3:21 PM BST

You're in the right place. The BCG - death's waiting room.

Can I have the chair next to the bog?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 15 2011, 3:24 PM BST

Can I have the chair next to the bog?

You can wait in the bog if you like.

I've only ever had 1 job interview in my life. The guy asked me 'what would you do if I held a gun to your head and said "give me your money!"?'

I got the job.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 3:35 PM BST

You can wait in the bog if you like.

Perhaps that can be my next job - the BCG toilet attendant. I can't wait to get your tip in my hand. ;)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 15 2011, 3:42 PM BST

I can't wait to get your tip in my hand. ;)

Try not to smirk at its size.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 3:45 PM BST

Try not to smirk at its size.

Laughing out loud

And I actually did one.

I'm 44.

Shameful.

Quote: zooo @ April 15 2011, 2:47 PM BST

I've had plenty of jobs, but I'm not one of those jammy c**ts that gets every job they apply for.

o/