Status report Page 1,500

My eyes are melting, along with my brain.

Night, night! Wave

Quote: Leevil @ November 14 2009, 4:43 AM GMT

My eyes are melting, along with my brain.

My banana is melting. (Nothing dirty, I'm just listening to a recording I made at a Melt-Banana show in Orlando 9 years ago.)

Still, nice euphemism.

Quote: Jude @ November 14 2009, 4:32 AM GMT

No worries it wasn't you Andrea, Tim keeps doing it.

I have to agree.

People shouldn't get annoyed when I mention the clique - I'm only messing around!

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 14 2009, 3:49 AM GMT

except to say that some of the stuff that's been going on here of late is thoroughly depressing.

Don't get depressed Tim - you can't get depressed about stuff that's not real - it's just silly billy stuff. And after all you haven't been on the end of a personal attack and feel like a small few people don't want you around.

But I ain't going nowhere and whilst I'm someone who will stand my ground I'm not a petty person and am willing to accept there is no 'clique' if people prove me otherwise.

Ultimately this has only proved to me that there's some very nice and fair-minded people around - which can only be a good thing.

I agree that we should all move on now, but I'd like to remind people to at least try and be impartial in their treatment of all posters.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 14 2009, 9:52 AM GMT

I agree that we should all move on now, but I'd like to remind people to at least try and be impartial in their treatment of all posters.

Please don't get too annoyed at me for this, Dolly. However, I just don't think that's going to happen. I think it should, it really should. It should happen in real life as well, but it's probably just a bit too utopian for people to manage.

We are going to treat people differently, it's the way relationships between individuals work. We have to strive to avoid such inconsistencies but it is impossible to remove them.

For example, if Renegade Carpark had just posted what you posted I probably wouldn't say anything because online he scares me a little bit. :$ If Scatters had posted it I would probably have a much longer discussion with her because, well y'know.

All of our individual relationships work on these different levels and some people here are just closer to each other. I never really saw it as cliquey, but then maybe that just means I am part of the clique. I've never tried to make anyone feel ostracised or outside anything and I apologise if I have.

You can't tell people to get over internet-drama because if something affects someone it affects them - no matter how small it may seem to you. Perhaps the alleged inconsistencies arise not because of a clique but because you are viewed as a strong person Dolly? Or maybe people telling you not to care is their own way of matching your forthright advice. I must say you've never been one to get involved in all the Hug and Console, rather you tend to give straightforward and often helpful advice. Perhaps this is where the difference is?

That went on for longer than I expected but I'm really just trying to smooth tensions over. I may not post a lot any more, but I do read and reading tension filled stuff is less fun than reading... non-tension-filled-stuff... Huh?

Morning Elliot.

Good morning Gavin! How're you? Sorry for the boring post. :$

Quote: PhQnix @ November 14 2009, 10:20 AM GMT

Please don't get too annoyed at me for this, Dolly. However, I just don't think that's going to happen. I think it should, it really should. It should happen in real life as well, but it's probably just a bit too utopian for people to manage.

I'm not annoyed at all. :) I think you make a lot of sense!

I'm so proud of my son.... :D

Quote: PhQnix @ November 14 2009, 11:04 AM GMT

Good morning Gavin! How're you? Sorry for the boring post. :$

Sa'll right people bore me anyways :P I'm alright big fella you seeing your good lady this weekend?

I'm wondering why children won't eat crusts.

I'm also wondering if my kitten can climb the loft ladder and manage to catch a blue tit already, what is he going to be like when he's allowed outside.

I wish we had better names for our birds...

I sometimes don't eat crusts either.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ November 14 2009, 12:12 PM GMT

I wish we had better names for our birds...

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ November 14 2009, 12:13 PM GMT

I sometimes don't eat crusts either.

Even on nice crusty bread, or just sliced?

Just on sliced. The sandwich filling never reaches the outer edges, so it's just dry boring bread.

Apparently I shall never get curly hair. :(

Quote: zooo @ November 14 2009, 12:16 PM GMT

Just on sliced. The sandwich filling never reaches the outer edges, so it's just dry boring bread.

I know what you mean. I'm always very generous with the fillings so that doesn't happen.