Lee Evans - Big Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 2:16 PM BST

Ross Noble is "rough" on his proper shows, to be fair.

Someone who wrote on the abysmal School Of Comedy atrocity really doesn't have any place criticising the likes of Lee Evans.

Yet you can call 'School' an atrocity? How does that work out?

If I can't criticise Evans, then by that logic I can't praise any comics either.

Quote: Leevil @ October 6 2008, 2:19 PM BST

Ross Noble is so rough he can be supported by a piece of hanging Velcro as pixies dance around with flutes up their noses wearing trousers made of steel that make no sense at all...

He's ace. I've seen him 3 times and always been really impressed. Lovely man in real life too.

Oh, no wait, I can't say that according to Aaron.

Quote: Leevil @ October 6 2008, 2:19 PM BST

Ross Noble is so rough he can be supported by a piece of hanging Velcro as pixies dance around with flutes up their noses wearing trousers made of steel that make no sense at all...

Prezunctly.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 6 2008, 2:21 PM BST

If I can't criticise Evans, then by that logic I can't praise any comics either.

Seems fair to me.

Yet you can call 'School' an atrocity? How does that work out?

He's ace. I've seen him 3 times and always been really impressed. Lovely man in real life too.

I've seen him, and thought he was brilliant. He literally made up a show on the spot... kept us all laughing hysterically and really entertained...now that's talent.

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 2:26 PM BST

Seems fair to me.

There's no logic to that at all.

But as a fan of Two Pints, you're not in a position to comment on other shows either.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 6 2008, 2:26 PM BST

I've seen him, and thought he was brilliant. He literally made up a show on the spot... kept us all laughing hysterically and really entertained...now that's talent.

It can go borderline monkey whimsy, but when he's good he's very good.

I've seen him a couple of times and hope to go again next year. He is incredibly talented as there is no way he can have prepared for most of the act. It really is spontaneous based on the audience.

He was really nice when we met him afterwards and was happy to chat to people for ages.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 6 2008, 2:40 PM BST

There's no logic to that at all.

But as a fan of Two Pints, you're not in a position to comment on other shows either.

I haven't actually written for Two Pints. There's a very clear difference between a late-night giggle and actually sitting down and writing that kind of thing, presumably in the cold, sober light of day.

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 2:49 PM BST

I haven't actually written for Two Pints. There's a very clear difference between a late-night giggle and actually sitting down and writing that kind of thing, presumably in the cold, sober light of day.

I'm not going to get into a tiresome argument after YOU brought something up that had nothing to do with anything.

Too late for that.

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 2:59 PM BST

Too late for that.

Evidently.

Then we're agreed, and thus no longer arguing. Huzzah!

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 3:03 PM BST

Then we're agreed, and thus no longer arguing. Huzzah!

Not agreed, no.

Anyone on here can say what they like about anyone or anything in comedy - it's all opinion as we know.

And they should do so without fear of someone saying either 'Well, you wrote for such and such' or 'Then you do better then!!!'

Seeeeeeeeeefacts, oh Seefacts?! Do you have a link to your sketches? I never did see that show that featured your very self (or at least the sketches you wrote).

Quote: Leevil @ October 6 2008, 3:23 PM BST

Seeeeeeeeeefacts, oh Seefacts?! Do you have a link to your sketches? I never did see that show that featured your very self (or at least the sketches you wrote).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w-7RCSBZr_k

There's the first 7 minutes.

First sketch with the Old Bill is mine and then the fourth one (same joke, but with doctors) Yes, I'm already recycling material.

Saw Lee Evans last night at Wembley. It was great!

He was really on form and I really love how thankful he is to the audience.