Boy Meets World

Ha ha, I just thought about this show this morning while listening to the free 'Haircut 100' CD, that came in the Daily Mail, as the first track is called 'Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)'. I remember virtually nothing about the show except that one of the female characters was called Tallulah and that in one series the characters start University. I remember one gag about the main male character being frightened that he was going to have to use a mixed sex bathroom, saying something about how he had only just got used to going in front of guys. I guess wikipedia might provide me with some more information. Did anyone else watch this show?

Quote: Johnny Green @ September 15 2008, 12:31 PM BST

I remember virtually nothing about the show except that one of the female characters was called Tallulah

I really don't remember much. A quick look on wikipedia informs me that there was no such character. I must have been thinking of Topanga

I used to watch it on occasion, but never liked it much. It was always something that I'd see a bit of if I'd been watching the programme before it, but I wouldn't have tuned in specifically to see it.

Quote: Johnny Green @ September 15 2008, 12:38 PM BST

Topanga

HAHAHA...Topanga :D She looked like a middle-aged woman with bad plastic surgery.

The BOY got on my nerves. I didn't like his tight-knit curly hair. Also the name 'Cory' is really pretentious and annoying.

People named Cory with tight-knit curly hair = bad combination.

But I used to watch this a fair bit. Nothing better to do really. It was on at around 5pm I think, on channel 4.

I watched it. Thought it was quite good. Wasn't the kid who played Cory Fred Wonder Years Savage's brother?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 15 2008, 2:54 PM BST

Wasn't the kid who played Cory Fred Wonder Years Savage's brother?

Dan

Yes.

Ems

I've just found the episode I referred to on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=86J28srQFN8

Not quite as funny as I remember it being, but I think they do more gags about the co-ed bathroom in later episodes.

I used to watch it all the time.

I can't get the boy's face into my mind. I just keep seeing a young Shia LeBeouf.

His best friend was really cute.
And Topanga was kind of like a weird American Billie Piper.

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2008, 5:30 PM BST

I can't get the boy's face into my mind. I just keep seeing a young Shia LeBeouf.

Before I watched a bit on YouTube all I could think of when trying to picture the main guy was the one from Superbad with the frizzy hair.

The guy with the long blonde hair (I think the character is called Eric) reminds me of Russell Brand. I think it's his eyes

I forgot his brother Eric! He was gorgeous too!
Even his dad was.

I have great respect for the casting person, I really do. *claps*

I liked the first two series. A lot!

I don't even remember watching the college version! The school age series' were ace though.

Bring it back!

And Blossom!

I liked it when I was a kid but when I watch the reruns now I think "woh...unfunny". Same goes for most of those Family Comedies of that area like "Step By Step" and "Full House". All terribly unfunny now that I'm older.

I have been watching a few of the episodes from season 6 online, just to reminisce a little. I think that I am definitely past the age that the show was targeted at now, but there are still some funny pieces of dialogue in the show. It is just a shame that there always needs to be some sort of soppy serious meaning to each episode which leaves less room for comedy. This seems to be a feature of most US teen comedy and I'm guessing it is something to do with network policy. Cory and Eric are excellent characters but almost everyone else is rather bland. The female characters don't really get any funny lines. Jack seems to be 'Eric lite' and only really serves the purpose of getting more comedy out of Eric. Like I said earlier this show probably won't appeal to anyone over 18 but it is kind of interesting to analyse. I think you could do a good media studies essay on it.