With a whimper not a bang... Page 2

The Rag Trade was early 1960s on the BBC, and then late 1970s on Thames.

Quote: Aaron @ September 11 2008, 4:01 PM BST

The Rag Trade was early 1960s on the BBC, and then late 1970s on Thames.

Damn, thought I might have caught you out for a nanosecond, Aaron. I remember the 1970's Thames one then. Can't recall if it was shite or not though.

I had an onion on my belt...

No cheese on Thursdays, your holiness...

Please pass the soap and not the telephone

Fetch hither my beer trousers...

Massive

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ September 25 2008, 1:59 PM BST

Massive

This ambiguity should entertain some of us for a while.

Sitcoms, because of their very supernatural sub-nova won't be of any more hiatus than, say, the 1960s. This is because of the digital remains of dead one-liners. Remember that writing with a whimper not a biro is not a good idea. Another reason that Bimber and Whang fizzled out was because their scripts went from infantile slipper-shores, to a spartan predator with a drug induced hippie stare. Therefore the less those seven programmes mentioned in the final dromedary, the more they are likely to fail - especially if viewed from a strawberry-flavoured Sea King Helicopter.

Easy for you to say...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 25 2008, 3:29 PM BST

Easy for you to say...

....or not to say. The question is to be, or not to tie a knot that is a knot to be forgotten.

Quote: Curt @ September 25 2008, 3:01 PM BST

This ambiguity should entertain some of us for a while.

There's no ambiguity. It's a sitcom called Massive.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/massive/

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2008, 3:46 PM BST

There's no ambiguity. It's a sitcom called Massive.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/massive/

I think he was referring to the vague thread that no one can quite work out the meaning of.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 11 2008, 3:52 PM BST

As there is no definite subject for this thread, I would just like to mention 'The Rag Trade', which (I'm pretty certain) was an obscure BBC sitcom from the 1970's/1980's and had for some inexplicable reason just popped into my head.

Starring Miriam Karlin, who then went on to be the Jewish ghost in So Haunt Me.