American comedy films....lack of humour Page 4

Elf, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby & Stranger Than Fiction are my Ferrell favourites.

I also enjoyed his cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Who did he play in that?

Park Ranger.

Oh. In the monkey bit?

Yeah;

Willenholly: "It's a difficult situation. You don't want to rub the C.L.I.T. the wrong way."

C.L.I.T. = Coalition for Liberation of Itinerate Tree-dwellers/

Ha. Yes I remember him now. I guess the last time I watched that I didn't know who he was.

We're in dangerous territory to an extent slagging-off American movie comedy. For example, I accidentally watched 'I Want Candy' the other night.

Try 'Wall-e'. Took my kids to see it yesterday. Not just visually funny and charming, but brilliantly written.

Quote: zooo @ September 1 2008, 6:00 PM BST

I only like 2 scenes in Anchorman.

*faints* :O

Soz!

One of them is the whole office scene with I love lamp and the brilliant Afternoon Delight song.

I can't actually remember the other one...

Zooo, and I apologise if this comes across as ungentlemanly, but right now I want to make an ashtray out of your uterus.

You may!

I'm not currently using it.

Am I even worse to have not seen Anchorman?

(

)

I've just seen Step Brothers. Thank God I only paid 4 Euroni for that.

The exciting bit was when I almost caught a light sword (I was a bit sad that I didn't catch it, so my best friend has promised to buy me one as a gift :) ).

That's all I want to say about the film.

Afternoon Delight was also used in an episode of The Simpsons, when Bart sang it with Lenny and Carl, but was this before or after Anchorman? I know Ferrell has been accused of stealing ideas from Family Guy, when he was on Saturday Night Live.

Quote: catskillz @ September 2 2008, 12:58 AM BST

Afternoon Delight was also used in an episode of The Simpsons,

And an episode of 'Arrested Development'.