American comedy films....lack of humour Page 3

On the Adam Sandler front, he is an annoying largely unfunny tit, but he's very good in Punch Drunk Love, the film by the Magnolia guy.

I like him in The Wedding Singer, and that golf one, and that one about doing school again. I think I hate all his other films.

Quote: chipolata @ September 1 2008, 10:39 AM BST

On the Adam Sandler front, he is an annoying largely unfunny tit, but he's very good in Punch Drunk Love, the film by the Magnolia guy.

Ah, marvellous, marvellous film that!

I liked Will Farrell when he first came out but think 90% of the stuff he's in is rubbish. Same with Ben Stiller and the rest of his friends.

It feels like they get their film ideas from random plot generators.

I miss the days of Murray, Ackroyd and Murphy.

I think these new guys are capable of producing classics, if only they took the time and didn't jump on every opportunity they were given.

Quote: Leevil @ September 1 2008, 2:00 PM BST

I miss the days of Murray, Ackroyd and Murphy.

They've all done a hell of a lot of shit. Especially Murphy. He's made some truly hateful films. Trading Places seems like a very long time ago indeed.

Quote: Aaron @ August 31 2008, 5:19 PM BST

All films at the moment seem to be shite. So far this year, the only one I have even considered seeing is The Love Guru.

Usually described in every review as one of the worst movies made in years. Just saying...

Yes, I'd heard that it's meant to be a bit crap. Still, that almost certainly means that I'll love it. :)

Quote: Leevil @ September 1 2008, 2:00 PM BST

I liked Will Farrell when he first came out but think 90% of the stuff he's in is rubbish.

Say one bad word against Anchorman and our love affair is over, Leevil.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 1 2008, 3:23 PM BST

Say one bad word against Anchorman and our love affair is over, Leevil.

I'll say one good thing - I love lamp.

Leevil, do you really love the lamp, or are you saying it because you saw it?

One word. Animal House.

Quote: Leevil @ September 1 2008, 3:25 PM BST

I'll say one good thing - I love lamp.

As do I.

However, I suspect that we may be referring to very different things.

I'm not an expert, but can one refer to lamps as an abstract entity? Odd.

Errr. Yes?

Elf is actually my favourite Ferrell film. I only like 2 scenes in Anchorman.