Replacing Chairman Humph

Jon Naismith has confirmed that I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue will return next year with guest presenters. The question is...who will they be. Some suggestions have been put forward by those who have worked and appeared on the show previously.

Stephen Fry

The leading candidate: quick-witted Fry has already shown his talent at hosting impenetrable quiz shows with the television series 'QI'. He has also been a guest on 'ISIHAC', and narrated a 'Humph Sunday' special.

Jarvis Cocker

A wild card entry suggested by Jeremy Hardy: like Lyttelton his background is in music and he is known for his deadpan delivery.

Angus Deayton

Straight-faced Deayton has been looking for a regular comedy berth since he was unceremoniously removed from 'Have I Got News for You'. Doubtless he won't have any problem making innuendos at the lovely Samantha with his track record.

Sue Perkins

Best known for being the second half of the comedy duo Mel and Sue, she is now a frequent guest on Radio 4 comedy quizzes.

Pam Ayres

Frequently heard on Radio 4 comedy programmes, including 'Just a Minute', she now has her own sketch show and is becoming one of the channel's leading ladies.

Sandi Toksvig

'The News Quiz' host and 'ISIHAC' regular is a staple of Radio 4 comedy and an obvious choice.

The only problem with that list is that Pam Ayres was in a sitcom, not a sketch show (unless she did one I don't know about).

Story from The Independent on Sunday Story from Chortle

Quote: Griff @ August 24 2008, 3:55 PM BST

Pam Ayres was in a radio sketch show called The Right Time.

http://www.radiolistings.co.uk/programmes/right_time__the.html

In that case, I apologise for my mistake.