Sitcom by Chris Thompson and Peter Reynolds about a married couple at odds running a rural garden centre. Stars Pam Ayres and Geoffrey Whitehead
- BBC Radio 4
- 6 (1 series)
- Pam Ayres, Geoffrey Whitehead, Trevor Bannister, Karl Theobald and Alex Tregear
- Chris Thompson and Peter Reynolds
- Claire Jones
Gordon is a creature of habit while Pam longs to break out of her humdrum routine.
Pam's ally at the garden centre is teenager Carol, a girl more than happy to speak her mind. If only, Gordon complains, there was something in her peroxide head apart from boob jobs, alco-pops, Johnny Depp and bronzed chests smothered in baby oil. Naive deputy manager Dave, though older than Carol, is smitten. Luckily, he has Pam to advise him on the route to Carol's heart: like pointing out that metal detecting is 'not' a good idea for a hot date! And how could the garden centre survive without the ancient and, quite frankly, bizarre Roy, the highly inaccurate singer of pop songs and runner-up in the Gloucester beauty pageant?
Will Pam's last fling at life, adventure and fun overcome Gordon's passion for comfortable trousers, caravanning and penny-pinching?
- Laugh track
- Yes, but type unknown
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 27th February 2008 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 2nd April 2008 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 1 Episode 5: Today at 7am on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 1 Episode 5: Today at 5pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 1 Episode 5: Tomorrow at 5am on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 1 Episode 6: Wednesday 30th October at 7am on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 1 Episode 6: Wednesday 30th October at 5pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Series 1 Episode 6: Thursday 31st October at 5am on Radio 4 Extra