Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 26

Quote: Dave @ February 11 2009, 3:10 AM GMT

I'm not a prude, but I was offended by the utterance in Not Going Out

Um...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 11 2009, 3:29 PM GMT

Dear 'Points of View'

Why, oh why, oh why, do broacasters insist on putting swear words in their programmes?

I was enjoying a nice sitcom about two men pretending to be blind and disabled in order to swindle insurance money but then a woman - a woman! - said the F word. I was so shocked, I stabbed both my sleeping children to death so they wouldn't have to live in a world full of sweary badness.

It is a well known fact that whenever someone says the F word on television, teenagers become pregnant, house prices fall sharply and a pixie dies - luckily, in my village, we burn Tourettes victims at the stake because they are full of devils.

In future, whenever a Tourettes 'demon' is featured on a television show, they should only use nice swear words like 'poo', 'bum' and occassionaly 'wee wees'. Scratch that, do not put disabled people on television ever as it puts me off my dinner.

Yes, I enjoy racey, post watershed comedy - except when it is shown after the watershed and is racey.

All the best,

Colonel Theopolis J Thunderbird XV - Martian Defense Force (Ret)

P.s. The radiator people are back and I'm scared.

LOL.

lol@Renegade Carpark

Quote: Leevil @ February 11 2009, 4:52 PM GMT

lol@Renegade Carpark

Also, did any see Oz & James Drink To Britain (or whatever it's called) last night?

James let loose this his 'bollocks' in the voice over. 8-8:30. I'm surprised the beeb has been flooded with complaints already. Or are bollocks allowed?

Ah Nil,

You are forgetting the class system in this country. James and Oz are loveable posh blokes and therefore, can do no wrong.

Jade Goody says 'Paki' - string her up!
Prince Harry says 'Paki' - it's just a bit of jolly banter.

I'm not defending either - though if Jade Goody f**ked off to Afghanistan for a few months, I wouldn't be that sad. Yeah, I know she's got cancer, but then again so did a friend of mine and he wasn't given national sympathy.

Probably why this whole NGO swearing debate is going on - if Tim Vine and Lee Mack were replaced by Stephen Fry and Dawn French, they could swear the house down and no one would say a word, except maybe 'how outrageously witty'.

Anyway, back to my new sitcom script 'Jesus - the Nazi Child Molestor', sounds controversial but that nice Martin Clunes is in it.

Laughing out loud

You're right on the money there. Regarding Jade & Harry, I say string 'em both up.

And you're right about the cancer thing too.

I don't know. I ask one very specific question about whether the joke was any funnier for the use of the word "f**k" rather than something a bit milder - given that "f**k" wasn't the punchline - and I've turned into Colonel Theopolis J Thunderbird XV.

You guys!

Quote: johnny smith @ February 11 2009, 2:31 PM GMT

How much are tickets to watch the recording of a sitcom?

And here's another one.

http://www.tvrecordings.com/

Quote: Badge @ February 11 2009, 5:46 PM GMT

I don't know. I ask one very specific question about whether the joke was any funnier for the use of the word "f**k" rather than something a bit milder

If she'd come in and said "What the arse is going on?" or "What the shit is going on?", then the gag would have fallen flatter than Lenny Henry when Dawn goes on top.

Fair point, but she could have come in and said 'Goodness me, what a kerfuffle!'

Hey, guys!

The 3rd series is awesome.

I loved the second (thanks, Andrew!) and third episode.

I'm still puzzled by what Lucy says at the end (since I'm not a native speaker):

"**** and see if she floats"

Do you guys remember what comes before that?

Is the third series the one I'm watching at the moment?
I loved tonight's episode, laughed my lesbian tits off.
Didn't like the last line much, but I had a great half hour geting there.

Wow, another great episode. Lee Mack can sure lead a show. Full of great lines. This is the best mainstream, team written show the UK has ever made.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ February 14 2009, 12:32 AM GMT

Didn't like the last line much, but I had a great half hour geting there.

Ok, but what was the last line?

Wasn't it something about Anne Robinson.

Now if I can just dunk Anne Robinson and see if she floats!

That was it! Thanx, Fred!