Brighton Event

Shamelss plug for an event being organised over on the Carryonline forums, but here goes, a super day out for 'Mind Your Language' and Wombles fans...

--------------------

At long last, we dare to venture further up the prom! Grab hold of your winkles and join fellow Carry On fans for a fun packed day out by the seaside on Sunday 7th September.

The plan is to meet up at 11 am at the New Madeira Hotel on Brighton's seafront for a tipsy pub quiz. Then in the afternoon, when the debris has been cleared away and the hotel staff placated we will meet up with some stars of the films. As simple as that! Fun, frolics and full-on film chatter absolutely guaranteed.

Confirmed guests so far are everyone's favourite Womble Bernard Cribbins (Jack, Spying and Columbus), the legend that is Kenneth Cope (Matron and At Your Convenience), the glamorous Laraine Humphrys (Christmas, Girls and Dick) and minding his language as ever, Albert Moses (Emmannuelle).

Also putting in appearance will be Carry On author, and acclaimed wit and raconteur, Robert Ross.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.newmadeirahotel.com/

Cheques for £30 made payable to Paul Stephen to be forwarded to our offshore slush fund at:

Brazil House
36 Pedvin Street
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 1LN
Channel Islands

Tempting, very tempting. Immensely glad that the forums had to be relaunched recently. It actually let me register!

Pity though. We've got our own meetup on the night before, so not really workable.

There's a Roobarb meet up that weekend as well - everyone's at it. So to speak.

I heard a Sid James rawr-growl when I read that. :D