Can anyone help me? Page 2

NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THAT"S IT!! THANK YOU!!
Anyone know if it's available on DVD?

Yay! We found it. Well someone did.

Quote: ian_w @ July 28 2008, 8:29 PM BST

Not the Tennant-shaped sandwich again!

I forgot about that!

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2008, 8:35 PM BST

Yay! We found it. Well someone did.

Quick zooo take credit for it. We will become the crimebusters of the bsg dun dun dun (Sharkey & George theme).

I got it!

I told Nil Putters to say it!

Erm...

Did that work?

;)

I'm sure it's No Place Like Home as I stated above.

Martin Clunes played the son. One daughter went out with an idiot called Nigel (I think). The other daughter had some other issue (that I can't remember). The Dad was generally put apon by them all (handing out money etc), and the Mum was a bit.. uh... wet let's say. Next door neighbours Beryl & ? had loads of pets, and ? always came round to the Dads shed where they drunk Brandy in secret. I'm 99% sure that's it.

Edit; Oh, you've realised now :$

Edit edit; Oh, and zooo told me to say it. ;)

:)
(we need a 'thumbs up' smiley.)

Thread moved to British Sitcoms. :)

Going back to 'Home Sweet Home' did you know that it was very much like 'Bless This House in Australia' Written by 'Bless this House' creator Vince Powell for Australien television, it was very much the same, with Powell re-using 'Bless this House' scripts (Powell was always recycling old material he had written). Powell did what Ronnie Barker did, used a false name, in Barker's case Gerald Wiley, but Powell used the name David Dominic for the credits (a combination of using his own name and a false name- some episodes were written by Vince Powell, others by David Dominic, but both by the same people). He used the name David Dominic as that is the name of Powell's two sons.

Quote: Art Scottberg @ July 28 2008, 8:34 PM BST

NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THAT"S IT!! THANK YOU!!
Anyone know if it's available on DVD?

The first two series are I believe, but there have been no further releases since then.

I watched the first series again recently and found that it hasn't aged well at all. Still, not bad, just not as good as I thought it was when I were a lad.

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2008, 8:25 PM BST

Basically we don't know and we need Aaron.

Laughing out loud

The sad thing is, I knew as soon as I read the post.

FYI...

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1009042/No_Place_Like_Home_Series_1/Product.html]
[h=482630]

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1112556/No_Place_Like_Home_Series_2/Product.html]
[h=552829]